Review Erowid at
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 12th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
("Share Your Story" link. Needs quick login creation but no verification of contact info)
Social and Compotent
Amphetamines (Adderall)
by Will. A.
Citation:   Will. A.. "Social and Compotent: An Experience with Amphetamines (Adderall) (exp35921)". Jul 28, 2007.

T+ 0:00
45 mg oral Amphetamines (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:00 15 mg oral Amphetamines (pill / tablet)


For reference, the drugs I've tried are this one, marijuana, alcohol, nitrous, vicodin and valium.

Last night, I acquired 60 mg of Adderall pills (15 mg. tablets, the pinkish circle kind that say 1|5 on them) from someone I know. I research most anything I take ahead of time, so I know what to expect. After reading the drug information and a few experiences, I decided that I would take them in the next morning, since I didn't have to work on that day. That day is today. I awoke at about 12 pm, ate a banana, and since I was in a good mindset, I took 45 mg at about 1:00 pm.

Some friends picked me up at this time, and after being at my friends house for around an hour and a half, I noticed some strange sensations began. I was talking online on my friends computer, and I was very very social. I wanted to talk to everyone on my buddylist. I juggled 4 conversations, whereas I usually don't have more than 2. I was typing incredibly fast. I definitely felt different physically, too. My heart rate rose, and I sort of felt light to moderate euphoria.

I took 15 more mg at around 3 o clock, wanting to get rid of the rest of the Adderall without wasting it, and ate another banana. My friends and I ran some errands, and eventually ended up at where I work. I was very talkative to coworkers, and noticed I was sort of jittery, and I talked very fast if I didn't control my verbal speed. Having been under influences in front of people many times before, I'm pretty confident that they didn't notice, so I guess this influence is relatively easy to hide without too much trouble.

After leaving my work, we went to the local mall. I was talkative there too. I sometimes felt like I was talking more than all of three of my friends put together. I bought a jamba juice there. While riding in my friend's car a while later, probably 7:00 pm, I noticed that my armhair felt tingly, and this sensation grew with time. Like someone else on an experience I read, I felt sort of flattered that other people were talking to me, that they found me interesting and wanted to communicate with me.

At 9 pm I was dropped off at my house. I worked on my car for a couple hours, cleaning it, and finishing up some other work I'd been doing on it. It was pretty satisfying cleaning my car, way more than usual, and I noticed that I felt sort of meticulous attention to detail. I vacuumed everywhere the vacuum hose would access, and picked out peices of lint from my carpet.

At about 12 am, after my car was pretty clean, I talked to my uncle for a while. I was still very social and pretty energetic at this time. I started thinking to myself that I should be prepared to crash, since it should happen soon. I didn't crash then. I did, however, go into my room.

I sat down at my computer, glanced over the drug info again, and talked to more people. After a few minutes, I noticed I was having minor chest pain, specifically in my heart. I told myself that it was probably because my heart was beating hard the whole time I was on this trip, and my heart wasn't used to that, so it was alright. I talked to my friend Mike about it, and he agreed to hang out with me so that I wouldn't be alone while this happened. I read on another experience that eating can help with the 'coming down' of an amphetamine high, so I made some macaroni and cheese. Usually, I can down an entire box by myself, but I ate roughly 1/10th of the box. I threw the rest out.

1:30 am I didn't feel I'd be able to sleep, so I went cruising around a bit more with a friend (I wasn't driving) which was pretty uneventful, except I noticed I had to take deep breaths once in a while to stave off the heart discomfort. I also bought some beef jerky, at one point. My euphoria died down at around 2ish, and so at 3 I told him he could drop me off because I would probably be able to sleep now.

He dropped me off at 3:30 am. I took a shower and here I am now. I feel like I've come off the trip, and I will probably be able to sleep. The heart discomfort has dissipated. In retrospect, all I had to eat today was two bananas, a jamba juice, and a bag of beef jerky. I drank a good amount of water the whole time, so I had a very low calorie intake today. I'm going to bed now and I'll probably wake up hungrier than a mofo.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 35921
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Jul 28, 2007Views: 15,074
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Amphetamines (6) : First Times (2), Various (28)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults