Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Cancelled Effects?
Salvia divinorum & Buprenorphine
by JF
Citation:   JF. "Cancelled Effects?: An Experience with Salvia divinorum & Buprenorphine (exp35324)". Erowid.org. Jul 21, 2004. erowid.org/exp/35324

oral Pharms - Buprenorphine (daily)
    smoked Salvia divinorum

I have a medical treatment: 0.4 mg X 4= 0.16 mg (near to the classical dose of 2 mg) of Subutex (buprenorphine) per day.

I noticed that Salvia divinorum doesn't work as usual, even with good extracts (X5 from a good store). Just this feeling of salvia gravity, bouncy effects, sweating and nothing else, except being tired. I noticed the same thing with codeine...but a little bit less. I wonder if it's because of the gaba & kappa receptors.

So, the first time I took Salvia, I was not on Subutex at all; I smoked just some dried leaves in a water pipe, and I felt a change in my mind and body. Bouncy effects, laughing a lot, irrationnal thoughts...and sweat!

The second time,it was an extract 5X and I've been a bit scared! I just took a hit in my korean pipe and I lost my body! I was in a very old country house in britanny, and I was near the cheminey. And,I became the cheminey!!! out of body experience. My girl friend, who is a doctor, laughed at me! I could'nt move at all and I was really impressed; But, I was nervous: I told her:'You can't imagine what's happened.....Ha,I lost my body!!!'.

Again,with extract, I tripped really hard: I became an animal! and i realized my dreams were coming true. After, I used normal dried leaves, and it was really intense, but a bit less hard; Sounds and musics were really intense, the furnitures of my appartement were shining....etc...

I have a good experience of a salvia trip (I made myself an elixir, but it was too strong: nothing happened and suddenly....wow!I was on my bed, thinking I was in a little village in Spain at the dawn! (I was in Paris,hum...).

Since I'm on subutex, it's quite different. The trip doesn't really start....and the few effects are vey short. I want to stop this horrible subutex, if my doctor is okay, and back to my very philosophical diviner's sage!

--------------------
Aug 24 2004 update:

I stopped Subutex and I noticed S.D was much more active. The only problem with this horrible Subutex, it's quite hard to stop using it. So,I had to get back on it, 'cause I was not very well. Anxiety, panic and bad sleep....

I was only addicted to codeine, so I don't think it's a good way to get out of this stuff with Subutex. I guess, it's a good product for people who are on heroin.

So,if you want to slow down on Subutex, please, do it very, very slowly!

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 35324
Published: Jul 21, 2004Views: 21,679
Salvia divinorum (44), Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Not Applicable (38), Combinations (3)