Minor Pain, Even Less Gain
Codeine
by Eons
Citation:   Eons. "Minor Pain, Even Less Gain: An Experience with Codeine (exp34978)". Erowid.org. Dec 14, 2007. erowid.org/exp/34978

60 mg insufflated Codeine (ground / crushed)
  T+ 0:20 30 mg insufflated Codeine (ground / crushed)

Background:
I'm 17 years old. I've done opiate-based pills in the past (vicodine and percecet). My doses ranged from 20 mg of vicodine to 50 mg. Before the experience I was in a fair mood...just slightly bored. The pills I would be taking were 30 mg each. I had three pills in my possession.

The Preparation:
I started off by crushing two of the three pills I had into a fine powder. After I was sure they were a finely crushed as I could get them I rolled up a dollar bill and proceeded to snort the four lines I had constructed with the powder from the two pills.

The Experience:
I went and watched cartoons, awaiting the effects. At roughly midnight I felt a sudden wave rush through me. I was very excited because I knew it was finally kicking in. About ten minutes later (12:10) I crushed up the final pill and snorted it. Returning to the couch, I watched cartoons and awaited the climax of the codeine. At approximately 12:20 I felt another sudden wave rush the whole way through my body. I was definitely feeling something now. It wasn't as strong as I had anticipated, but it was certainly nice. As I sat and watched the television I felt warm, comfortable, numb, and content with everything in my life. I managed to break myself away from the grip of the television to get on the computer and talk to some friends. My typing really wasn't effected at all. My attention span, however, was cut in half. After about 10 minutes on the computer I felt the urge to get up and go. I went outside to have a cigarette, and that's when I realized how much this codeine had affected me.

I heard rain drops on the trees, and I could hear the water running through the gutters, but alas I could not feel it. I was so totally numb that I could not feel the rain drops hit my hand. I smiled, finished my cigarette, and proceeded inside. Returning to the computer and returning to my conversations, I noticed my typing had taken nose dive. My fingers typed, but my mind was thinking of a million other things.

Currently:
It is now 1:15 am and the effects still haven't worn off as I type this. My pupils are slightly larger than a pin head and I'm feeling very nice. One draw back of opiate-based pills is the itching, which I am just starting to feel.

My Conclusion:
Codeine isn't a bad substance in my opinion. One more pill might have made it better, but I can't complain. Aside from the itching (which I actually like) and the nasal pain due to snorting the substance, I don't see any real draw back. I guess that's how addictions are founded.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 34978
Published: Dec 14, 2007Views: 22,300
Codeine (14) : First Times (2), General (1), Alone (16)