Noted Side Effects
2C-I & Atomoxetine
by DrHomerG
Citation:   DrHomerG. "Noted Side Effects: An Experience with 2C-I & Atomoxetine (exp34091)". Erowid.org. Jun 4, 2004. erowid.org/exp/34091

60 ug oral Pharms - Atomoxetine (daily)
  20 mg oral 2C-I

I wanted to post this note to describe several side effects I have experienced with 2C-I. I admire this drug for its recreational value; providing a social lubricant, a pleasant body high, and engaging visuals. However, while many view 2C-I as a wonder drug for achieving such positive results with minimal body load, I have had several negative body reactions.

1) A general queasiness persists throughout the entire trip. As many users have reported, I feel no prominent nausea and/or vomiting from the substance. This includes taking 2C-I after eating a meal, and eating while under the influence. Yet while I am able to eat and my body does not protest, food is not appealing. My body feels an anxious queasiness bordering on anorexia.

2) A post-trip headache always occurs. If I fall asleep after a 2C-I experience, I wake up with a pounding headache similar to an alcohol hangover. However, I have found drinking coffee clears this up wonderfully.

3) The most recent negative side effect I found (and my reason for posting this note) was bloody stools. This only occured after my last time taking 2C-I. I have recently been taking 60mg Strattera daily, a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) prescribed as the only non-stimulant ADD medication. While no subjective interactions between 2C-I and Strattera were noted, such as an intensified or nullified trip, perhaps a possible gastrointestinal interaction occured leading to my bloody stools. This side effect was not present after 48 hours of ingesting 2C-I.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 34091
Published: Jun 4, 2004Views: 37,672
2C-I (172), Pharms - Atomoxetine (316) : Unknown Context (20), Health Problems (27)