Get your Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $45 to Erowid Center and show your support!
An Alcohol Trip?
Alcohol (Whiskey)
by Ishmael
Citation:   Ishmael. "An Alcohol Trip?: An Experience with Alcohol (Whiskey) (ID 34)". Erowid.org. Jun 9, 2000. erowid.org/exp/34

DOSE: 0.2 gal oral Alcohol (liquid)

Well, after a rather rousing show at a local club, I went back to a friend's home and utilized a Fifth of Whiskey to an unexpected end. Over the course of about an hour, I consumed the entire fifth straight and proceeded to become very drunk. What must be understood is that I was doing this drinking only for the sake of being drunk. I had not intented, nor had I ever heard of Alcohol (besides in the Uncharist) used spiritually.

Well...I, needless to say, felt very groggy very quickly. I sat down in an overstuffed armchair with my feet up and instead of passing out, as would be typical, I felt myself 'slip' into a quasi-trance state. With my eyelids fluttering, I was still perfectly aware of my body; sensations were normal (I could feel the cool evening breeze flowing through an open window). But quickly, I had the sensation of moving OUT of my body, away and upwards through the top of my head (an odd one of a kind feeling). I only then, after realizing I was in fact FEELING this that I began to actually SEE myself below. Keep in mind this was like a division of consciousness here; I could still feel my body and feel myself away from it.

At this point I made the choice to concentrate on myself aloof from my body. Well, quickly I was flying away from my body, away from the house...like I was being pulled away instead of directing myself away. Well, I was pulled out into the sky, away from the city, away from the state away from the country until I was actually in space flying away from Earth and the Moon. I went through a few asteroid fields as I cleared the solar system and continued outwards with increasing speed. Moving away from the expasiveness of the galaxy, I watched it solidify into the spiral that characterizes it.

On the same tolken, I was soon far enough away that It was like a mere star and every other galaxy about was the same; reduced to single points of light. These too then began to coalesce until I was looking back at the universe at the point of the Big Bang; looking at the waves of energy that themselves created and formed into what appeared to be gyrating atoms. These atoms TOO solidify into matter...and this matter, as I removed myself away from it further and further...I realized was a hair on my head! I then gasped and sat straight up in my chair...laughing uncontrollably. The entire experience took me less than a couple of minutes (by looking at the clock).

Exp Year: 1998ExpID: 34