Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Pass Out...
Hyperventilation
by dudeguy
Citation:   dudeguy. "Pass Out...: An Experience with Hyperventilation (exp33938)". Erowid.org. Jun 11, 2004. erowid.org/exp/33938

Trying this technique came to me at the beginning of 2003, my friend recommended a fun thing to do where he told me to sit in a chair with my head between my knees and hyperventalate for 30-40 breaths or until I became very light headed then put my hands in a v shape at the heels of them and strangle myself, after a few seconds I should be getting this incredible feeling of a bloodrush and weakness and to keep hanging on to my neck. Then I'd wake up.

I asked him what he meant by just wake up, he told me to just try and I'd see. Well I told him to fuck off, I didn't want to die. After being assured many times I would be fine I said maybe one day I'll try it. A few days later I was sitting around bored with absolutley nothing to do so I thought 'screw it you only live once'. So I sat on the couch, put my head between my knees and started taking deep quick breaths, after 20 or 30 I felt already like I would pass out so I stood up and put the choke hold on, I remember the room got fuzzy and I felt weak, then I woke up from the most indescribable 10 second dream, it was like all the noise around me was still audible but nothing was comprehendable, it felt like a struggle back to conciousness and when I did come to I was like 'Hey why the hell am I laying here asleep?...' then within a few seconds everything comes back to me and I was back to normal. Very awsome experience worth at least 1 try.

Since I first started doing this I've done it countless times with no side effects what-so-ever. All in all the dream I have while under is an incredible experience, probably not as good as acid, DXM or a good datura trip (I don't do drugs so this is what I do when I'm bored, other than the odd drink or two) but its free, legal, and low risk.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 33938
Published: Jun 11, 2004Views: 19,305
Hyperventilation (141) : First Times (2), Glowing Experiences (4), Alone (16)