Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Nothing Helped
Oxycodone & Alcohol - Hard
by Thompson
Citation:   Thompson. "Nothing Helped: An Experience with Oxycodone & Alcohol - Hard (exp33669)". Erowid.org. Aug 24, 2020. erowid.org/exp/33669

repeated   Oxycodone
    repeated oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)

[Erowid Note: Because opiate use can lead to significant tolerance (requiring higher doses for the same effects), the dose used by a first time user is significantly smaller than that used by a regular user. It can be extremely dangerous to choose ones dose on the basis of the amount taken by someone else. Overdoses of opiates can be fatal.]

I would like to introduce myself as a lighter user, before my Oxycontin experience I had only experimented with alcohol and marijuana.

Now on with the Oxycontin experience.

I was first introduced to Oxycontin by a friend during the end of the 2003 summer. Upon trying the first time I was hooked. I did 15-20 mg my first few times, and by the end of the first week I had worked up to 30 mg. Eventually I was doing 60 mg 3-5 days a week.

After a 2-3 months of doing this a few friends and I planned a road trip to another college close to the area. The whole weekend all of us were knocked out on 80-100 mg a day. OX was the only substance we did the weekend, though one person with us was having slowed hearing from the OX.

Now fastforward a week later back at home. While a friends parents were out of town, we had a little get together. Upon arriving I snorted 40 mg of an 80 to start the night off. After a few mixed drinks we all were hitting up the OX again. My recollection of events is somewhat blurred after this, but I'm pretty sure I ended up doing 100-110 mg of Ox throughout the night as well as 4-5 mixed drinks (probably around 15 shots of rum).

I could not pass out and go to sleep, so I just laid on the couch for a few hours. I began drinking large amounts of water to try to sober me up, but nothing helped. I tried to induce vomiting, but I could not do so.

Now this is where my memory gets pretty blured. My nose was very stuffed up so I was trying to clear it out. While blowing my nose I blacked out and soon woke up to shaking on the floor. I have no idea what happened, but I suspect I might have had a seizure.

After surving the night I went home at around 11. While at home I took a shower and laid down, but nothing helped. I finaly threw the towel in and called my dad to take me to the hospital. At the hospital all I wanted was help, but I felt like nobody was doing anything. After waiting in the emergency room for 30 minutes I finally puked several times. After this I felt much better and didn't feel like I was going to die. After that they checked my vitals out and sent me home.

Getting off of OX was very hard for me. I didn't sleep well for 2 weeks and was jonesing for some the whole time. If I could go back in time I would have never started on the OX, but like anything in life you live and learn from your experiences.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 33669
Published: Aug 24, 2020Views: 1,297
Oxycodone (176), Alcohol - Hard (198) : Combinations (3), Difficult Experiences (5), Addiction & Habituation (10), Various (28)