New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Felt Awesome, but Bad Side Effects
Codeine, Caffeine & Acetaminophen
by John Doe
Citation:   John Doe. "Felt Awesome, but Bad Side Effects: An Experience with Codeine, Caffeine & Acetaminophen (exp33236)". Erowid.org. Oct 23, 2006. erowid.org/exp/33236

64 mg oral Codeine (pill / tablet)
  120 mg oral Caffeine (pill / tablet)
  2400 mg oral Acetaminophen (pill / tablet)

My mom gets OTC pills with codeine in them for her bad headaches.
Each pill contains 300mg of Acetaminophen, 15mg Caffeine and 8mg of codeine. Since this was my first time I decided to take 8 pills which totals:
64mg Codeine
120mg Caffeine
2400mg Acetaminophen

I took the pills followed by a glass of water around 1:30am once everyone had gone to sleep. By 2:00am I was starting to feel it, I got all warm and a little itchy and everything was kind of a dull numb. I could bite my lip pretty hard and barely feel it.
At around 2:30 I peaked and then this is where something went wrong.

My arms started getting jittery, I developed a slight headache, my neck started hurting and my stomach started getting upset. I had to lie down to stop my arms from jittering, and myself from possibly puking. I decided to abandon my computer and go lie down for the night. I felt pretty tired but the caffeine seemed to keep me awake. While laying down every now and then it was like I got hit with a wave of numbness. I managed to drift in and out of sleep and around 4:00am I woke up with the worst stomach pain ever. I wriggled around for about what must of been 20 minutes hoping for the pain to stop.
After it went away I went back to sleep.

Now I dont know exactly what caused this, but I'm thinking the jitters came from the caffiene.

I will try this again, but this time I will use the extraction technique to filter out the acetaminophen as I'm sure that had some sort of adverse effect.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 33236
Published: Oct 23, 2006Views: 30,375
Codeine (14) : First Times (2), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3), Alone (16)