Heart Problems?
Modafinil (Modiodal)
by Lerdob
Citation:   Lerdob. "Heart Problems?: An Experience with Modafinil (Modiodal) (exp33190)". Erowid.org. Nov 12, 2004. erowid.org/exp/33190

200 mg oral Modafinil (daily)

I am a 42 year- old woman, a perfectly healthy physician, who has been going through an atypical depression (hypersomnia,...).

I have been recieving, thanks to my psychiatrist, Paxil (paroxetine) 40 mg /day and Modiodal (modafinil) 200 mg/day. Since I started Modafinil my life has been very different: I have a lot more energy, I sleep much less during the day, and I can do almost a normal life (except from driving).

I have been really satisfied with that drug, but a month ago, although I have been a perfectly healthy woman (except for my depression), I have been experiencing high blood pressure, tachicardia and most of all, arrythmias, and also angor pectoris (angina). I suspended Modiodal 5 days ago, and I still have arrythmias and angor. I would like to know if these symptoms are reversible. Now I feel deperessed again, but also feeling those cardiac effects, which are worse that the depression alone, or the non-depression and cardiac symptoms.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 33190
Published: Nov 12, 2004Views: 45,613
Modafinil (217) : Various (28), Depression (15), Health Problems (27), General (1)