responses to an online survey from those who have
used a psychedelic while in a romantic relationship.
Couples especially invited to participate.
Rather Scary
Salvia divinorum & Mirtazapine
by student
Citation:   student. "Rather Scary: An Experience with Salvia divinorum & Mirtazapine (exp32885)". Erowid.org. Apr 20, 2004. erowid.org/exp/32885

0.5 g smoked Salvia divinorum
  45 mg oral Pharms - Mirtazapine

this is just to report a possible drug interaction between salvia and mirtazapine (remeron). I smoked salvia while taking remeron at 45mg dose to help me sleep.

The main effects where:
rapid heart beat
heart arrhythmias
a strong feeling of 'buzzing' (sort of like when a body part has fallen asleep and then the blood flow has been allowed back into it) in my hands. this feeling was localized in my hands and was very discomforting. This lasted for the 'peak' of the experience then went away as the salvia decreased.
A bad headache. The blood vessels in my head literally throbbed and I could have taken my pulse from any point on my head. This was rather scary.

Although remeron is a peculiar antidepressant, its main mode of action is the same as most others. I will not be repeating the salvia experience again unless I come off of the remeron. I recommend caution to people on antidepressants who want to try smoking salvia.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 32885
Published: Apr 20, 2004Views: 30,469
Pharms - Mirtazapine (311), Salvia divinorum (44) : Alone (16), Health Problems (27), Combinations (3)