Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
It Sucked
Risperidone
by Cleo
Citation:   Cleo. "It Sucked: An Experience with Risperidone (exp32832)". Erowid.org. Jun 3, 2021. erowid.org/exp/32832

2 mg oral Pharms - Risperidone (daily)

I was put on Risperdal after having auditory hallucinations. I got stuck in a hospital after being majorly depressed and thinking people from work were going to kill me. It was a horrible experience. I went from being a pretty normal human being to one who thinks people are hiding in the bushes plotting to kill her. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. The Risperdal made me feel like a zombie with ADD. I could not concentrate enough to play monopoly with fellow patients. The Risperdal stopped the hallucinations but it made me feel anxious, miserable, like I had to keep walking or moving my legs constantly. I could not concentrate enough to follow a movie. I felt like the walking dead...like I lost my soul or something. I also felt it in my head... almost like electricity in my brain... when I closed my eyes I'd see white spark like electric like waves. This was not cool though. It sucked. It made me feel like I wanted to die rather than be constrained by this drug.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 32832
Published: Jun 3, 2021Views: 852
Pharms - Risperidone (253) : Hospital (36), Depression (15), Medical Use (47), Health Problems (27), Retrospective / Summary (11)