Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Mood Elevater My Aunt Fannie
Amitriptyline
by RedJack
Citation:   RedJack. "Mood Elevater My Aunt Fannie: An Experience with Amitriptyline (exp32761)". Erowid.org. Aug 21, 2007. erowid.org/exp/32761

10 mg oral Pharms - Amitriptyline (daily)

I had been suffering migraines for about a month when my mother finally managed to convince me to go to a doctor. He found nothing that he could determine would cause these attacks and sent me to neruolgist. This yutz never bothered noticing that I came into regular contact with methyl chloroform at work and decided I was depressed and prescribed these horrid little monsters for my depression.

Being relatively obedient, I went home to my parents house as my flat was having the bathroom replaced by the landlord. It was a *very* good thing I did go home. I really don't remember much of the next week. About 30 minutes or so after my first dose, I was in my bedroom and the walls and ceiling were 'breathing' like on a low dose acid trip. I heard most sounds as muffled or at a distance. I slept like a rock, and was still drifty the next morning when I took my next dose. This dose made me feel like I was totally encased in a soft glue, I could feel nothing, I could hear very little, and everything was seen as if through an aquarium. I really do not remember the next 4 or 5 days. my mother tells me that she would wake me up every few hours and make me eat or drink something, and lead me to the bathroom. After 6 days of this, she finally called the doctor who said this was *normal* and to double the dosage.

At this point in time, I wasn't a stranger to certain drugs, I used marijuana socially, would go out drinking with friends from work and had tried acid and mushrooms. I still don't understand how this would help someone who was already depressed. All it seemed to do to me was make me emulate someone in a *serious* depression.

I might recommend this to someone who was seriously up and agitated from some stimulant if they really needed to ground out fast, but for the casual play I really wouldn't. Until my prescription ran out, I would use 5 mg as a sleeping pill!

Exp Year: 1984ExpID: 32761
Published: Aug 21, 2007Views: 45,262
Pharms - Amitriptyline (165) : General (1), Depression (15), Multi-Day Experience (13), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)