Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Weightless Limbs
5-HTP
by teh_haxor
Citation:   teh_haxor. "Weightless Limbs: An Experience with 5-HTP (exp32706)". Erowid.org. Dec 30, 2004. erowid.org/exp/32706

400 mg oral Tryptophan - 5-HTP (pill / tablet)

The following is my experience with consumption of a (somewhat) large dose of 5htp

T+0: 400mg 5-HTP consumed (8x 50mg capsules)

T+15min: I don't feel any different, and am beginning to doubt whether it will have any effect

T+30min: The main thing I notice right now is 'weightless limbs'; I can basically hold my hands up in the air for minutes at a time without feeling any pain or becoming tired. I am also feeling somewhat light-headed.

T+45min: I feel basically the same as 15 minutes ago. I have no idea if it is related to the 5-htp, as it could be a coincedental temperature change, but I do notice feeling significantly cold.

T+1hr: Somewhat euphoric. It can't even compare to MDMA, but it is somewhat noticable in that I don't feel as angry at certain people anymore.

T+1:30: Effects seem to have gone away, I feel as I remember feeling in the beginning, except very tired.

While the effects of this could make it an interesting candidate for recreational use if perhaps used in smaller doses spread across a larger time interval, I think it would need to be combined with some kind of stimulant, as it made me feel incredibly tired afterwards and so would definately not be a good 'party drug' used alone...

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 32706
Published: Dec 30, 2004Views: 6,618
Tryptophan - 5-HTP (196) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)