Unpleasant Side Effect
2C-I
by Bernard
Citation:   Bernard. "Unpleasant Side Effect: An Experience with 2C-I (exp32589)". Erowid.org. Apr 6, 2004. erowid.org/exp/32589

26 mg oral 2C-I

I've noticed information about allergic reactions with 2C-B.

I've recently noticed that these allergies may extend to 2C-I. At a high dose (26mg - orally), I've experienced rapid mucus production which resulted in difficulty breathing, great discomfort (which could alter the psychological course of a trip) and vomiting of mucus. I'd describe the amount of mucus I had as unfathomable . I also noticed that my levels of mucus production remained high, although not as high, in the hours after the 2C-I wore off. These side effects are what led to coughing in some, I suspect.

I feel it may be noteworthy that I did have a cold during this time, so mucus production may have simply been accelerated rather than created. These side effects were not experienced at all at lower doses. I must say, though, that these side effects were so negative, that they may deter me from trying the substance again.

Since then, I've actually run a few more trials with this substance and found this side effect to be non-existent afterwards. I am beginning to suspect that other overlooked factors may come into play with this (since I have several acquaintances who have reported similar experiences). Perhaps
trace impurities could be a factor?

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 32589
Published: Apr 6, 2004Views: 28,726
2C-I (172) : Not Applicable (38), Health Problems (27)