Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
Short Jolts for Me
Anadenanthera peregrina
by Midwest Hoss
Citation:   Midwest Hoss. "Short Jolts for Me: An Experience with Anadenanthera peregrina (exp32520)". Erowid.org. Jun 14, 2007. erowid.org/exp/32520

2 seeds   Anadenanthera peregrina (ground / crushed)

The primary materials I use are: the tin exterior of a tea lite candle, and a rock.

1. Over a lit candle, I put one anadenanthera seed in the tea lite tin. I hold this tin with pliers.

2. I wait for that seed to either expand in size, or pop and then put it off to the side.

3. Repeat for as many seeds as needed.

4. After getting 3-4 expanded seeds, I carefully remove the outer shell.

5. The inside should still be a yellow or off white color. I grind the yellow seeds up, until they are a fine powder.

6. Enjoy my Yopo.

With 1-2 seeds, I use it much like the Yanomamo tribe at times of hunting, as a stimulant. One or two seeds is just enough to get me going for a short period of time, and also puts me at ease. For me, it is like a calm jolt of energy.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 32520
Published: Jun 14, 2007Views: 7,986
Anadenanthera peregrina (285) : Preparation / Recipes (30), Alone (16)