Have you used Psychedelics or MDMA
for anxiety, depression, trauma, or PTSD
Not the Expected Effect
Nitrous Oxide
by Sam
Citation:   Sam. "Not the Expected Effect: An Experience with Nitrous Oxide (exp32232)". Erowid.org. Jul 6, 2008. erowid.org/exp/32232

repeated inhaled Nitrous Oxide (gas)

My friends are quite taken to nitrous. It isn't a drug of much dignity, but who cares. On inhaling 7 balloons worth of gas, I grew light headed and numb. My head felt very strange but nice. On trying nitrous now, like times before, I didn't laugh. Although I felt happy afterward. I did not laugh like my friends were on the floor in complete hysterics.

I find it strange (and a bit disappointing) that the gas didn't effect me in this way. Another interesting effect was that it brought back tracers. After trying acid I had experienced really strong tracers, and these diminished after the trip but still haven't gone a week and a half later. I'm not worried for it isn't a bad effect. Any drugs I take seem to stoke up the tracers however (especially shrooms, salvia as well as nitrous).

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 32232
Published: Jul 6, 2008Views: 10,852
Nitrous Oxide (40) : HPPD / Lasting Visuals (40), Health Problems (27), Small Group (2-9) (17)