A Closer Obscurity
Zolpidem
by kubrick
Citation:   kubrick. "A Closer Obscurity: An Experience with Zolpidem (exp32026)". Erowid.org. Sep 29, 2015. erowid.org/exp/32026

10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  5 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  5 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

I was just relaxing, trying to get some sleep. So I took a 10 mg ambien, and later another 10mg ambien, but I split the second tablet as I usually do. Just so I never take more than I feel I should. I was sitting in my room when I heard a defening CRASH!!!! from outside, I looked peered through my blinds to see what happened, but couldn't make anything out.

I had been carying a handheld tape recorder with me to tape every thought that came to my head since with previous experiences on Ambien I'd had amnesia.

Now I was outside in the frigid November air. Slowly walking into the intersection at the top of my street. I could hear a siren from the other side of the intersection where the road dips down 20 or so feet. I couldn't help but feel partially blind. Everything was fuzy, but not in a blury vision sort of way, but more like in a way that i could make out objects, but I was unable to sort out in my head what was what. Nothing made sense. The big bright ambulance screaming and flashing next to me was being drown away by the mangled car reckage in the ditch past it.

Normally I never stop traffic to look at car accidents, but this was different. It took me forever just to undertand that it was a car crash. The one of my neighbors tried explaining to me how one of my classmates was drunk and ran off the raod, then rolled the car. I began to walk away then, I didn't want to talk to my neighbor in that state. before I had felt like some sort of retarded detective anlyzing the scene of a crime, but now I just felt look a druggy fool and wandered back over to my place to reflect on this.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 32026
Published: Sep 29, 2015Views: 1,052
Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : Public Space (Museum, Park, etc) (53), General (1)