Hand-Crafted Glass Molecules!
Donate $150+ and get an art glass molecule.
(Pick caffeine, DMT, dopamine, ethanol, harmine, MDMA,
mescaline, serotonin, tryptamine, nitrous, THC, or psilocybin)
It Was Awesome, the First Night
by K.J.
Citation:   K.J.. "It Was Awesome, the First Night: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp31750)". Erowid.org. Nov 14, 2007. erowid.org/exp/31750

2 nuts oral Nutmeg (ground / crushed)
So, it was a Saturday sometime in the afternoon, and I'm thinking about trying DXM for the first time. But while on the internet getting some FYI on it, I read something that makes me change my mind. So anyway, I think of the ounce of whole nutmeg I got earlier that week and decided to do that instead. I've experimented with nutmeg several times in the past. I usually would use preground nutmeg, but the one time I did use the whole stuff, I messed up the nutmeg tea and wasted time and money.

So, I took out two nutmeg nuts and realized the only way I can crush them is to use a hammer. To prevent making noise and waking my mother, I think to put it in my mouth, crush it with my teeth, and then put the pieces in my hand and eat them piece by piece chewing thoroughly. The stuff is so nasty that I had to chase it with something, so I used Sunny D. It probably took 20 minutes to eat both nuts. Knowing that nutmeg takes a long time to start working, I just went on with my life when I finished eating them without really thinking about.

A few hours later, I noticed while I was standing that I could not stand without my body swerving back and forth, so I began to think that it may be kicking in. I then turned off the tv, went in my room, turned on the radio, and rocked in my rocking chair. A few minutes later, I began to feel a bit stoned and a bit spacey. Then about a couple of minutes later, I felt a intense buzz that I personally can't explain, all I can explain is that it kicked ass. So, I just sat there for a while, stoned, buzzed out, and a little euphoric. Then I noticed a familiar sound coming from the radio and remember that, that same sound was from my first nutmeg experience. In my first experience, that same annoying and intense sound was stuck inside my head. I thought it would never stop.

So I got up and turned off the radio and did something else that I can't recall. I couldn't walk straight, I was stumbling over my stool and giggling about it. So I final collapse on to my bed, and in laying there that heavy and intense buzz comes back, only this time there's something slightly different about it, but it still kicked ass. So once again, I'm laying there, I'm stoned, I'm buzzed out, I'm euphoric, and it seems to be working as a mild aphrodisiac, too. It was quite a positive experience.

I fall asleep after a while, and after waking up the next morning on the couch, which I don't remember how I got there, that's when the negative effects kick in. I wake up feeling confused, my right ear is numb, and I feel really tired. So, I dragged my decrepit like body back to my room, got in bed, and went back to sleep. Because it was Sunday, it wasn't long before my mother sent my brother to wake me up. I don't think he barely even touched me when I jumped waking out of my sleep as if I was afraid or something. So he left and as I sat up on the side of my bed, I couldn't think or concentrate, my eyes felt funny and I felt like I wasn't seeing straight, and I felt really weak and out of it. I go over to my mirror, and it was not a pretty sight, I had low, red, sunken eyes. My skin complection was weird looking, I had yuk mouth, and my throat was really dry.

I was supposed to go somewhere but my mother saw that I wasn't feeling well and let me stay home, so I went back to sleep. I spent most of that Sunday sleeping which is why I don't remember too much. But I do remember that whenever I was awake, I would occasionally get this sensation in my face like it was microwaved, hot and cold at the same time. Then my eyes would be blinded with little dots of colors and light for a moment. I also remember waking up with my legs feeling like they were one leg, I never did look down there to find out. I also had difficulty urinating and couldn't stand for long periods of time and had some mild nausea, too.

The next day was neutral, most of the physical effects wore off, but I still didn't go to school. I still felt a little out of it. I still wasn't seeing straight, and I was extremely lethargic.

The experience went from being awesome, to being kind of fucked up, to being neutral. I don't know if I'll ever do it again.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 31750
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Nov 14, 2007Views: 7,243
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Nutmeg (41) : Hangover / Days After (46), General (1), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults