Review Erowid at
Help us reach 20 reviews in 2018! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
Knocked Me on My Ass!
by Cavebaby
Citation:   Cavebaby. "Knocked Me on My Ass!: An Experience with 5-MeO-DMT (exp3147)". Oct 7, 2000.

20 mg smoked 5-MeO-DMT (powder / crystals)

Well, let me start off by saying that I would consider myself to be a very experienced drug user, but nothing could have prepared me for the effects of 5-meo-dmt. I thought myself to be jaded to the effects of drugs, but this stuff knocked me on my ass!!!

My friend had just purchased a large quantity of 5-meo-dmt. I walked into his house with my boyfriend and my friend had already experienced the drug (by himself I might add...the crazy bastard!). I was very excitied to try this drug, after hearing about his experience.

I laid down on his bed and he held a small glass pipe to my mouth, with a flame underneath the bowl. I inhaled the substance and then began to cough profusely. My boyfriend was on the other side of the room, laying on a couch, and he also took a hit of it and laid back. I laid there and everything began to look fuzzy. I was waiting for the full effects to begin.

I sat up and commented on how everything looked weird and fuzzy. My boyfriend was experiencing the same thing. My friend said, 'you guys don't feel it yet?!?' I told him I was waiting for it to come on and he said I should feel it immediately.

I took another hit and again began to cough profusely. I definitely felt the effects this time. I went to grab a bottle of coke to get the soreness out of my throat, and it was very difficult to drink.

I laid back and felt like I had just done 50 whippets. The room was going wild and I could not focus or concentrate on anything. Breathing became very difficult because of the harshness of the smoke. I had no real concept of what was going on. I could not fathom reality, time, where I was, or what the hell was going on. I described this feeling to a friend as being in a k hole, on numerous hits of acid, while doing whippets.

I became extremely paranoid as breathing seemed to become increasingly difficult. I began to try to take deep breaths, but I didn't know if the air was coming in or going on. I really thought that I was going to die. I had a little voice in the back of my head telling me this was it and that I was going to die. I pulled all my strength together and yelled 'HELP!' It felt like I was having a nightmare and trying to scream.

I realized I was screaming 'HELP! HELP!' and all I wanted to do was go to the hospital. I was thinking about my life and the consequences of going to the hospital, but all of that seemed unimportant because I thought I was really dying. I could not see straight at all and I didn't know what was going on around me. I began to try to rip my hair out. I was terrified out of my mind. I had no idea that my boyfriend (also on 5-meo-dmt) had snapped out of his trip and was on top of me, trying to restrain me. I remember pulling on my hair and my forehead feeling sweaty. I don't really know anything else that was going on around me.

The next thing I knew, I was in the fetal position and I opened my eyes to see my friend standing in the room and my boyfriend sitting on the couch. Everything looked very cloudy and I was seeing crazy trails off of everything. I still could not see straight, but at this point, I had a grip on what was going on. My friend ask if I was ok and I said that I wasn't sure.

I slowly got up and asked my boyfriend to come and sit with me. I was holding onto him and my friend left the room. I began to touch my boyfriend and I felt highly sensual (not sexual). I wanted to touch him all over, but he was still feeling somewhat of the after effects himself, although he had experienced nothing close to what I had.

After everything looked more and more normal, I began asking what had happened, where everyone was while I was freaking out, and what I was doing. I felt a sense of relief and all the tension and anxiety I had felt seemed to melt away.

I watched another person try 5-meo-dmt that night and he just laid there, breathing heavily, with a big smile on his face. I don't know why I reacted the way I did and nobody else had.

I have never flipped out on drugs before or felt a drug take over me the way 5-meo-dmt had. I continue to ponder the effect it had on me and I think I may try it again, in a safe, controlled enviroment, but not anytime soon.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3147
Published: Oct 7, 2000Views: 32,121
5-MeO-DMT (58) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Bad Trips (6), First Times (2)