Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
Not Very Exciting
Salvia divinorum
by Furthur on
Citation:   Furthur on. "Not Very Exciting: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp3110)". Erowid.org. Dec 18, 2001. erowid.org/exp/3110

6 bowls smoked Salvia divinorum (leaves)

For the past week I have been reading about the usage of Salvia Divinorum as a legal high. All the reports suggest that it is some kind of insane undescribable mind and body trip, and maybe it is for them, but for me it wasn't to special. So here is my story...

I took a bag of dried salvia divinorum leaves up into a shed in my back yard. I sat down and put on a walk man playing some pink floyd, ( I don't usually do this kind of crap, but they say music is cool with salvia.) I began to pack my first bowl, I lighted it and inhaled it pretty thoroughly, the smoke is kind of nasty but it smells good.

I've done LSD before, and I smoke pot constantly, this stuff is definitaly different. After my first bowl, I didn't really feel anything. By my third bowl though I can say I did feel something. I was actually quite f'd up, I was slurring my speech and I couldn't walk straight (it was fun), it didn't last very long, it seemed like 10-20 second (WOOHOO). It was sort of like smoking some good bud and being drunk, and you sort of think really internally for a short time. I remember saying to myself..'This is an experiment and I have to remember that at this point in time I am fucked up...' all slurred and such. But these effects faded quickly and I was back to smoking my last 3 bowls. In the middle of the third bowl I felt kind of 'high' again, but it lasted even shorter.

Me and my pals still have some more salvia and next time we are going to try bong hits together. This stuff gets me high, just for not very long at all.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3110
Published: Dec 18, 2001Views: 7,326
Salvia divinorum (44) : Alone (16), General (1)