Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
I Had a Feeling It Was Too Good to be True
Nutmeg
Citation:   3 Legged Willie. "I Had a Feeling It Was Too Good to be True: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp31032)". Erowid.org. Jun 12, 2007. erowid.org/exp/31032

3 tsp oral Nutmeg (ground / crushed)
This if my first time so I donít really know how all this is going to affect me. I wanted some coricidin cough and cold but because of the new age policy on it I couldnít get it. So I opted for nutmeg because I had read about it. I donít really know if I believe that it will work or not. Weíll see I guess.

Okay its 9:00 p.m. and I just finished off my 3 teaspoons of nutmeg. I used the ground up kind. Everyone keeps saying to use whole but the store didnít have it so I just got a bottle of the ground up stuff. I donít know why everyone keeps talking about having to gag through it. I put the 3 teaspoons worth in a cup and poured in a little bit of Pepsi. It fizzed up and got foamy so I decided to spoon the foam into my mouth and wash it down with more Pepsi. I wouldnít say it was a pleasant experience however it was not as bad as I thought it would be. Anyway Iím already beginning to feel a little ďhighĒ already. Equivalent to if I shared a joint of some mids with a friend. So far itís a very pleasant feeling.

Its midnight, 3 hours has passes since I took the nutmeg, the initial high wore off after about half an hour. Right now I feel no different than if I hadnít ever taken it to begin with except for when I burp I get the taste of nutmeg but thatís besides the point. However I have not given up all hope yet because in all the accounts Iíve read it is stated that it takes 5 hours for it to take effect. Iím just hoping I'll be able to stay up til 2 when the trip should really kick in.

1:20 and I feel nothing but a very mild sense of disorientation. I doubt I would even notice it if it wasnít for the fact that I am expecting to feel something. Maybe thatís my problem, I keep waiting for something to happen. I wish I would just lay back and let it hit me but the whole idea of getting high off nutmeg is too fascinating for me to forget its going to happen, at least I hope it happens.

Well, its 2:00 and has been 5 hours since I consumed the 3 teaspoons of nutmeg and Iím left with nothing more that a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it was the fact that I didnít buy the whole nutmegs and grind them however other people have said thatís works. Ill try to stay up another hour just to make certain nothing happens but Iím pretty disappointed that nothing happened yet.

Well, itís 10:30 the next morning. I donít feel anything. Back to baseline without leaving it. Iím going to try to find some of the nutmeg that isnít already ground and try my luck again. But as far as what I used nothing really happened.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 31032
Published: Jun 12, 2007Views: 8,364
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Nutmeg (41) : General (1), First Times (2), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.