It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Snort, Eat, and Smoked
Caffeine
by Weebl
Citation:   Weebl. "Snort, Eat, and Smoked: An Experience with Caffeine (ID 30916)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2004. erowid.org/exp/30916

DOSE:     Caffeine (powder / crystals)

I resently purchased 100 grams of anyhadrous caffeine powder extracted from coffee beans for the following tests.

When snorted a normal dose is about 25-100mg depending on how strong I desire the effects to be. The onset is about 2 minutes then I plateau for about 10 minutes and have a very quick come down. Very good for energy for walking/running to a friend's place or a nearby store.

I have eaten between 100mg and 1 gram. One gram was a very bad experience and i would not do it again. 200mg is good for getting red of fatige and a quick boost of energy. A good dose for a LOT of energy when dancing or playing sports is 500mg.

12.5mg was the only amount I've smoked and was deffinatly not fun. It reminded me of the time I took 1 gram except it only lasted 5 minutes. I placed 12.5 mg in the pipe and melted the powder with a butane torch. The smoke tasted a chemical/sweet taste. I exhaled and waited 15 seconds before I got extremely hyper for 45 seconds and came down. If I wish to smoke caffeine again I would have to say 500mcg or 1mg would be a better dose.

Out of smoking, snorting, and eating it I personally like eating best because it lasts longest but thats only in some cases like if i want to stay up all night. Now if i wanted to stay up for a bit of the night i would snort it.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 30916