It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
I Felt Happy and Sedated
Promethazine
by Alienboy
Citation:   Alienboy. "I Felt Happy and Sedated: An Experience with Promethazine (ID 30807)". Erowid.org. May 8, 2006. erowid.org/exp/30807

DOSE: 50 mg oral Pharms - Promethazine (pill / tablet)

I took 2 25 mg tabs at 8:30AM....... By 9:15 I had a pleasant, sedated feeling. A kind of euphoric side effect as well, but not like the euphoric sensations of an Opioid.

I noticed if I took this at beditme I slept soundly. But by taking it while wide awake, it produced a more noticable lightheadedness. Somewhat like a mix between valium & Soma.

The effects of the Prometh lasted 3-4 hours with no 'come down' effects. Promethazine produced a drowsy feeling

I gave a friend 2 25mg tabs today. He took them & within 45 minutes, he described a relaxed, sedated, almost like having a drink feeling.

My drugs of choice are Opioids, & I look for other medications that will produce a similar euphoric feeling. Promethazine comes close. It will brought about a calm, slower state of being, & causes slight giddiness, & disorienting.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 30807