Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Clear-minded Tripping
2C-E & Cannabis
by naranoth
Citation:   naranoth. "Clear-minded Tripping: An Experience with 2C-E & Cannabis (exp30775)". Erowid.org. Mar 15, 2004. erowid.org/exp/30775

16.3 mg oral 2C-E (powder / crystals)
  T+ 2:59   smoked Cannabis (plant material)

To start I would just like to say that 2c-e is definitely one of my favorite drugs, and I would have to compare it most closely to 5-MeO-DiPT. I obtained 500 mg of 2c-e from a very reliable source just as the fall semester at my college was finishing up. I started out by going into my molecular biology lab and measured out 25 doses at between 14.9 – 18.2 mg (An analytical balance is very key here). After measuring out the doses I must say that this powder is truly magical. It sticks to everything, and is absolutely impossible to hand measure as 5 mg looks almost the same as 15 which in turn can look like 25. I am relatively experienced at hand-measuring small quantities and trust me this stuff is very, very hard to do so with.

Over the course of 6 weeks I took 2c-e a total of 3 times (once every 3 weeks) with a variety of friends ranging from very inexperienced to veterans. Of the 18 people I took it with not one gave it anything less then a magical experience, and of those whose experience was their first with hallucinogens (3 total) all of them hope to experience it again very soon.

The come-up onto 2c-e is relatively mild, with only 4 of the 18 experiencing any nausea; however, the drug does take a relatively long time to take full effect, and on one of my experiences I re-dosed (4.2 mg snorted after ingesting 16.3 mg 3 hours earlier) after 3 hours only to find myself lying on the ground staring at the cat faces in my leg only a couple minutes later. The drug took about 3.5 hours to peak, and lasted a total of about 8. I found the drug to have a very heavy body high, but not in an unpleasant way. I stated earlier that I related it most closely with 5-MeO-DiPT, which is to say that the body high is most closely related to MDMA. The hallucinations themselves tended to be a lot more like LSD then mushrooms (I had been told otherwise earlier) with a large amount of patterns and designs in everything. It also supprised me in that I felt very in tune with nature, something I have felt on mushrooms, but not on 5-MeO-DiPT, or 2c-t-7. One of the most amazing aspects of this drug is temporary synesthesia it causes. Sound was especially enhanced, to the point where a song literally can be felt more than heard.

By far the most interesting part of the drug though is the rolling plateau it has. Everyone reported that during the downswings the drug almost disappeared to the point where we felt sober. I am used to the rolling effects of drugs, but not to this extent. Another point is that 17 out of the 18 people stated that they felt very clear-minded throughout the entire trip, and especially for those whose first trip it was, this seemed like a good thing. One last point about 2c-e is that it becomes very hallucinogenic when combined with marijuana. I have tripped quite a few times before, and I was pleasantly surprised by how powerful the hallucinations were when combined with weed.

Overall I definitely recommend this drug, especially now that foxy is illegal. The comedown the next day was almost non-existent, and none of my friends reported a single negative side-effect within a week afterwards (other than one who apologized to his girlfriend for cheating on her…). There is almost no paranoia to speak of, and due to the relatively clear-mindedness it provides, I would say it is a very safe drug for an inexperienced user (it is still a hallucinogen though). Oh, and if you find yourself wandering in a grassy field late at night, remember to think of a Persian rug =).

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 30775
Published: Mar 15, 2004Views: 14,362
2C-E (137) : Glowing Experiences (4), Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)