Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. [See Progress]
We still need 141 donations to meet our goal!

Donate by Bitcoin
Fighting for My Life
5-MeO-DMT & Opium
by Skunkburner69
Citation:   Skunkburner69. "Fighting for My Life: An Experience with 5-MeO-DMT & Opium (exp30393)". Erowid.org. Feb 25, 2009. erowid.org/exp/30393

1 hit smoked 5-MeO-DMT
  1 hit smoked Opium

The first time I had 5meo-dmt, I was at a festival last summer. It was a time in my life that I was going through massive emotional turmoil and subconscious self abuse. I have had many intense psychedelic experiences before but nothing like this.

I had been awake for about 4 days, had just bought some opium and took some to someone I respected on the scene. He loaded a fat pipe of it and passed it to me, he told me there was a bit of 5meo left in the pipe.

I took a large lung full and held it in for about 30 secs. I had what can only be described as the most intense, scary ordeal of my life. after experiencing about 2 minutes of intense rushing I started to to realise the trip was far too powerful and out of control.

After about 40secs I could feel my throat, heart and lungs shutting down and I thought I was gonna die, this created a sense of panic and anxiety which only served to amplify the bad experience . Eventually , I could not call for help, I managed to catch the guys attention who I was with and croaked for help.

All I remember was extreme fear and panic. I remember him performing some chanting or some sort of mantra with his hand on my chest and it managed to pull me out. It took me a good hour of smaller panicky rushes to calm down and some healing over the next few months to even allow me to think about the experience without panicking again.

Its about 6 months on and I'm slowly starting to feel comfortable to digest what has happened.

I am healing and maybe one day I will try it again but BE WARNED!!

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 30393
Published: Feb 25, 2009Views: 19,352
5-MeO-DMT (58), Opium (63) : Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), What Was in That? (26), Bad Trips (6), Festival / Lg. Crowd (24)