New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Donate $30 or more and get a piece of displayable blotter art.
These make great inexpensive gifts for the discerning friend.
The Tree Position
Sceletium tortuosum
by Karnige
Citation:   Karnige. "The Tree Position: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (exp30309)". Erowid.org. Jun 11, 2006. erowid.org/exp/30309

smoked Sceletium tortuosum (plant material)

I smoked Sceletium a few times and I had grown to enjoy the uplifting mood effect of the plant. I found that when smoking it, I felt lighter and happy. Also, I noticed that the following evening I was very energetic and positive, which is interesting because I am normally a very reclusive, shy, and slightly depressed person.

I had previously only smoked small amount, like a pinch in the pipe at a time of a friends supply. When I had finally obtained my own supply I entered into the plant with my usually 'adventurous' attitude. I decided that I would test the boundaries of the plant. I smoked one full bowl, began to feel the effects come on, and then packed another bowl. About half way through the second bowl I began to feel an overwhelming sense of energy and pressure on myself. The feeling I got was very similar to the description of 'serotonin syndrome'. I instinctively put myself into the 'tree' position, attempting to balance out my bodies energies, concentrating my breathing, and I felt better for it. I did not smoke anymore after that.

In either case my experience was very nerve racking.

I have experience DMT, and I know what it feels like to die, that feeling of the soul exiting the body. During my described 'overwhelming pressure' experience, I felt the sensation of my spirit trying (trying... or preparing) to leave my physical body.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 30309
Published: Jun 11, 2006Views: 18,215
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)