responses to an online survey from those who have
used a psychedelic while in a romantic relationship.
Couples especially invited to participate.
Smoking Failure
Bupropion (Wellbutrin)
by 2ton
Citation:   2ton. "Smoking Failure: An Experience with Bupropion (Wellbutrin) (exp30057)". Erowid.org. Jun 17, 2006. erowid.org/exp/30057

20 mg smoked Pharms - Bupropion (ground / crushed)

One day I was sitting at home and I realized I forgot to take my pills. I am on 300mg Wellbutrin per day, and have been for about four months. I was looking at my pill bottle and said, what the hell, I've snorted Wellbutrin before, smoking it would probably provide even more of an experience.

WRONG!

I take a certain pride in my artisanship towards drug paraphernalia, as I have made many a bong and been proud to use them. I felt my inner artisan screaming to get out, so I went to my tool shop (my kitchen) and made an aluminum foil spoon by wrapping the foil around the spoon and molding it so it would be easy to hit. I then removed the spoon, and I had a replica of the spoon that would transfer heat quicker and is also disposable!

After I made the spoon, I carefully loaded a weighed 20mg from the crushed 100mg pill I had onto the spoon. I put my pen tube in my mouth, and fired up my lighter. The Wellbutrin powder baked right away, and produced more smoke than I expected. The powder turned a putrid black right away, and as I inhaled I could smell the smoke. It smelled awful, like I just took a hit off of the smokestack of an oil refinery. In fact my first instinct after smelling the smoke was to turn on the fan, as I knew others in my house would agree that it smelled horrendous!

So, figuring I was smoking it, I thought the onset would be short. So I waited.......and waited.........AND waited until I gave up hope. One hour later I deemed the experiment a complete failure.

It tastes horrible and provides no noticeable effect.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 30057
Published: Jun 17, 2006Views: 38,365
Pharms - Bupropion (87) : Alone (16), General (1)