Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
Am I Hearing Things?
DiPT
by Cyril
Citation:   Cyril. "Am I Hearing Things?: An Experience with DiPT (exp2930)". Erowid.org. Oct 10, 2000. erowid.org/exp/2930

50 mg oral DiPT

I got a hold of some DIPT (diisopropyltryptamine) otherwise known as the auditory hallucinagen somewhere last winter, I had read alot about it and was quiet excited to be able to try something so novel as the ability to have your ears have misperceptions based upon the action of a chemical. I suppose the closest thing would be the sound from a nitrous oxide high, but that isn't really anything comparable at all. Let me say that DIPT is probably not what you should do if you are after something spiritual, or something that will give you new insight. DIPT is really just recreational, of all of the 250 doses of the auditory I have sold I don't think that there have been any complaints. The number one thing that you notice about the auditory is that you get a GREAT body high, where you just feel that great tryptamine buzz, you feel up and going and good, and then of course you hear things. At the 50mg dose most of what you hear is the deepening of the male voice and the misalignment of echos with time, they seem too high pitched, or low pitched for the distance they are from you.

All night my test group and I (the first night I got it) sat around and couldn't stop saying the word, rond, because the 'r' sound was just so incredibley deep, especially with the guys with deep voices. Anyhow there really is nothing too scary or bad about it, and I have about 250 people that can attest to that. So, although it is relatively expensive, it is well worth the price as a mild mild and somewhat different drug.

Exp Year: 1999ExpID: 2930
Published: Oct 10, 2000Views: 29,454
DiPT (110) : Unknown Context (20), Retrospective / Summary (11), First Times (2)