Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
The Giver
Zaleplon (Sonata)
by Mr. Nothing
Citation:   Mr. Nothing. "The Giver: An Experience with Zaleplon (Sonata) (exp29207)". Erowid.org. May 26, 2006. erowid.org/exp/29207

oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)
  20 mg oral Pharms - Zaleplon (gel tab)

I have long known that Ambien and Sonata have some interesting side effects; maybe from the first time I used it as per doctors instructions and found myself experiencing minor hallucinations.

Anyway, here is the lowdown on this particular time.
1. around 11 pm I go out drinking. Over the time from 11 to 2 a.m. I drink a total of three and a half Stella Artois beers--a wee bit stronger than the typical bud light crap.

2. Around 2 am, feeling kind of tired, I go to my girlfriend's house. I eat a bag of chips along the way.

3. I arrive back in my own apartment at about 4 am. I immedietly take two pills. I open each gel cap and shake the powder into my mouth, and then place the gel cap in my mouth as well (so I don't miss any of the powder).

The effects creep up in a subtle way about fifteen minutes after ingestion. I prefer to be doing something mildly productive, such as drawing or reading to await the effects.

Effects:

mild euphoria --> moderate euphoria coupled with feelings of dissasociation. minor hallucinations, such as the bathroom towel waving in the air. Mental thoughts went crazy. significant loss of inhibition. I was thinking in a slowed down way about these crazy ideas to submit the drawing I was working on to a gallery. I went more and more into my fantasy and imagined myself having an entire show in some gallery, and even more crazy ideas. Everything has a extremly lucid feeling. Very dreamish. Dream-like.

Two hours later and everything is fine. back to normal. six am I get up, drink a glass of water, and go to sleep. I have wierd dreams--dreams that feel suspiciously like I was taking sonata when dreaming.

Other:

Cannabis: I've never tried smoking while under the effects of sonata, but I've smoked and then taken sonata before. The cannabis seems to deny the effects of the sonata.

This is not a terrably intense drug. The disassociative elements can be surprisingly strong.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 29207
Published: May 26, 2006Views: 26,583
Pharms - Zaleplon (161), Dreams (85) : General (1), Alone (16)