Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
Wellbutrin Makes Me Sick (Literally)
Bupropion
by dopesickgirl
Citation:   dopesickgirl. "Wellbutrin Makes Me Sick (Literally): An Experience with Bupropion (exp28561)". Erowid.org. Nov 21, 2003. erowid.org/exp/28561

300 mg oral Pharms - Bupropion (daily)

This psychiatrist prescribed me wellbutrin for my 'add' and panic disorder. (I, personally, don't think I have add. Or if I do, its very mild.) He started me on 150 mg for four days and then said I could start taking the 300 mg.

On the 150's, I didn't feel like eating. I had a lot of trouble sleeping. But I figured maybe these side effects would go away once I started taking the 300's... but it only got worse.

The first day I took a 300 mg, I had trouble concentrating the whole day. And then, when I went to bed that night, I couldn't fall asleep. I was up the whole entire night. I've had problems with insomnia before though, so like an idiot, I continued taking the pills.

The next night, I couldn't sleep. But then, right when I thought I would actually fall asleep, I started vomiting all over the place. For the next three days, I couldn't eat a thing. Not even a saltine. No soup. Nothing would stay down except tea. I just tried my best to stay hydrated. I had trouble sleeping. My stomach ached. My head pounded. I was very weak. And the whole time this was happening, I thought I just had the flu (a couple of my friends had it at the time).

But then I realized all these problems started when I started taking the 300 mg wellbutrin. I checked out the side effects of wellbutrin, and sure enough, nausea and vomiting were on there. Other side effects were severe headaches and insomnia. I called the psychiatrist and he said to stop taking the wellbutrin until I stopped vomiting. Then he said I could start taking them again.

I am never touching that stuff again. I donít care if a million psychiatrists around the world tell me to take it, I am never putting bupropion into my body again.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 28561
Published: Nov 21, 2003Views: 25,690
Pharms - Bupropion (87) : Not Applicable (38), Health Problems (27)