Just Exploring
Citation:   Bob Dole Sex Machine. "Just Exploring: An Experience with 5-MeO-AMT (exp2839)". Erowid.org. Sep 7, 2000. erowid.org/exp/2839

3.0 mg oral 5-MeO-AMT (powder / crystals)
Recently, I decided to obtain some 5-MeO-AMT. I found a vendor online and ordered 250 mg of the tannish powder. I did not have a scale accurate into the milligram range so I measured out 10 mg. This 10 mg could have been off by at the most 4 mg high or low depending on how the scale rounded it off. I then proceeded to cut the small pile of 5-MeO-AMT into smaller piles, labeled their weight and put them away.

Then one night my friends and I were drinking and I got pretty drunk. At about 2 AM, when all but one of my friends had left, I was convinced by that friend of mine to ingest some 5-MeO-AMT. This friend of mine had taken 1.5 mg at about 11 PM that night and told me that it was pretty cool so I took an amount of about 2.5 mg, which I now assume to have been closer to 3 or 3.5 mg because of an inaccurate scale. My friend, Bubba, also took another 1.5 mg dose at the same time I dosed.

Well at about 2:30 AM, my drunken state had pretty much worn off and I was in anticipation of the drug I was about to experience. Bubba and I were chatting with a friend on the computer and he ended up coming over at about 3 AM. For this story we will call him Chunk. Chunk had a small amount of weed and we smoked that. I and my two friends got pretty high and shortly thereafter the effects of the 5-MeO-AMT became noticeable. I got high from the weed before the 5-MeO-AMT so when the 5-MeO-AMT kicked in it just seemed like i was really stoned with a few minor visuals(i.e. tracers).

At about 3:30 AM, I was definitely feeling the 5-MeO-AMT. I was getting pretty speeded up by it but still stoned at the same time. Right around 4:00 AM, still feeling speedy, my stomach grew slightly upset. I had heard that this drug caused nausea in some people, so I figured it would be best if I vomited. I went to the bathroom and didn't really have any troubles vomiting. I am not sure if just the 5-MeO-AMT made me vomit or if the alcohol from earlier helped. Anyway, I vomited 5 or 6 times and then left the bathroom. After this purging of my stomach, I felt much better and experienced no nausea for the rest of the trip. At about 5 AM, my high was still increasing. I was getting very ancy and was having some more visuals. My body was also going kind of numb, a fairly pleasant feeling. I was also pretty happy on the drug. These feelings felt similar to acid but seemed to have a bit more of a body high (the numbing effect I mentioned earlier) than I have ever had on acid. I have, however, only done acid 3 times and never a super strong dose, so I don't know if this numbing happens at higher doses with acid.

At about 5:30 AM, my friends and I decided to go to AM/PM to get some food. We knew the guy working and hung out for about fifteen minutes. On the way to the store I had felt that I really wanted to eat, but when we got there I totally forgot about food. Chunk, who was just high, got food, but it still did not occur to me to get food. Then when we left and were driving home, I remembered that I wanted food and wondered why I had not gotten any while we had been at AM/PM. I just shrugged it off and enjoyed my high some more.

When we got back to my house, Chunk went to bed after a few cigarettes. Bubba and I stayed up not really doing much. I could not make up my mind on what I wanted to do so we just talked, stared at the wall(because it looked pretty damn cool), and just bullshitted for an hour or two. At about 6:30 AM, we went into my backyard and stood around. My dog tripped me out, because I was standing on a bench on our deck and I looked down and she was sitting right next to me lookin up at me. It seemed like she knew I was fucked up, and I think she probably did sense it. The sun was coming up and the trees in my backyard seemed to have a radiant field around them. In fact I could see colored outlines of the trees emanating from them. The skyline also looked really cool. I then began walking around my backyard looking at everything because it was all so interesting, but only for a little while. I would look at something for about 30 seconds because it was just the coolest thing I had ever seen, but then I would look at something else and it would become the coolest thing I had ever seen. Bubba got up and began walking around with me and we ended up walking into the front yard, just exploring. We stopped at one particular tree and were looking up through its branches into the sky. This was definitely a cool thing to look at. Both of us were just staring and laughing our asses off commenting on how cool the tree looked. We then realised that if one of my neighbors saw us doing this, they would probably think that we were crazy, so we went back inside.

Once inside we continued wandering aimlessly through my house and our minds. At about 7:45 AM, Bubba decided to go to bed after we had woken up Chunk so he could go to work. I was then left alone, still fucked up with nothing to do but trip balls. I was supposed to be taking my dog to get spayed at 8:00 AM, but I decided that I was too fucked up to drive and even talk to the vet for that matter so I did not take her. I ended up sitting in front of the television flipping through the channels until about 8:45 AM, at which point I passed out somehow. How I fell asleep at that point is beyond me, because after Chunk called from work at 9:30 AM to make sure I was not dead or something, I could not fall back asleep. So I watched some more T.V., still with minor visuals. When I would close my eyes, I could not fall asleep because I would have pretty intense visuals and auditory hallucinations. I explored these for awhile, but at times it felt like I was in a vortex of colors and weird sounds. It was pretty intense, so I would open my eyes for a little while to take a break.

At about 10 AM, I decided I was not going to sleep for the day, so I showered and then tried to eat but could not. I then decided to walk around my neighborhood. This was a very enjoyable walk. I was definitely coming down, but I still had a very euphoric feeling. I began thinking about everything. I was thinking about my life, my schoolwork and what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I also began thinking about a girl that always confused the shit out of me, but I seemed to realise how we related to each other and was very happy with everything. I had this feeling that all things were alright and that any turmoil I was experiencing in my life did not matter because everything would turn out okay. This feeling is similar to feelings I have felt when coming down off of acid or mushrooms, but much more intense. It was a realy nice ending to the experience. I enjoyed this deep thought provoking come down very much. After I got home, I just carried on the rest of the day like normal, with a few after effects. The drug finally wore off about 12:30 PM(about ten hours after ingestion).

In conclusion, I did enjoy this drug very much. It was pretty intense (easily the most intense psychedelic experience I have ever had), but still easy to handle. The visuals were definitely cool and were more pronounced than I have ever experienced on acid or mushrooms. Some people report diarhea during the comedown of 5-MeO-AMT. I did not have diarhea, but my feces was a little runnier than normal, although I did not find it too bad. I do recommend this drug to other people, but it would be better to take it early in the morning and trip through the day so you can sleep that night. I was not really prepared for the experience I had but enjoyed it immensely. I figure I will do the drug again, but will prepare for it a little better and make sure there is nothing I have to do for about 10-12 hours.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 2839
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Sep 7, 2000Views: 23,379
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
5-MeO-AMT (104) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults