Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Augmenting Insomnia
Clonidine
by Lab Munkee
Citation:   Lab Munkee. "Augmenting Insomnia: An Experience with Clonidine (exp28349)". Erowid.org. May 24, 2006. erowid.org/exp/28349

oral Pharms - Clonidine (daily)

I was 15 when my doctor prescribed me to Clonidine. I have several neurosis and psychosis (one of which is Insomnia). I had gone off the pills for a while to try to work out my problems without pharmeceutical help (with next to no success). My doctor is a genius and I had a SPEC scan done a few years earlier so I figured things would work out for the best. I told him that I had been having really erratic sleeping habits in addition to my previous diagnosis. So he prescribed me to Clonidine. Before I'd be able to get to sleep at around 4:00 A.M. and wake up a couple hours later. But occasionally I'd forget to take my medicine and I'd end up staying awake for a couple days.

Eventually the Clonidine lost it's effect and sometimes it didn't even work at all. One night I got a real bad case of insomnia and I ended up taking 0.6 mg. Now I'm up to 0.2 mg just to get to sleep in addition to 4 mg of Risperdal. It's like an addiction. But without those pills I'd stay awake for 2 or 3 days. Oh and I forgot to mention: Nowadays, sometimes I take two 0.2 mg pills of Clonidine just to get to sleep. Well, anyways. That's my Story.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 28349
Published: May 24, 2006Views: 22,477
Pharms - Clonidine (344) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Medical Use (47), Alone (16)