Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Trying to Catch a Good Dream
Calea zacatechichi
by Midwest Hoss
Citation:   Midwest Hoss. "Trying to Catch a Good Dream: An Experience with Calea zacatechichi (exp28107)". Erowid.org. Nov 3, 2003. erowid.org/exp/28107

6 capsls oral Calea zacatechichi (dried)
  0.5 joints/cigs smoked Calea zacatechichi (dried)

Upon hearing of an herb that provided lucid dreaming, I was immediately curious. When I received my ounce of the herb (through an online vendor) I was quick to make the herbs into capsules by grinding them up and fitting as much as I could into each one. Before bed I took 6 capsules (due to my body weight I assumed more was better) and smoked 1/2 of a rolled cigarette of the herb. Within a half hour I was having the auditory hallucinations often told of when using calea. I would hear small chatter in the distance, and here and there it sounded as if something small was playing around in my room (like a small animal). Background noised from outside would confuse me, and it would take quite some time for me to decipher what different noises were.

Other than the noises, I noticed little other effects of the herb. I have tried calea several times to date, now, and still the story remains the same.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 28107
Published: Nov 3, 2003Views: 14,232
Calea zacatechichi (97), Dreams (85) : First Times (2), Alone (16)