Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
A Beautiful Feeling
Damiana & Tobacco
by Arby
Citation:   Arby. "A Beautiful Feeling: An Experience with Damiana & Tobacco (exp27862)". Erowid.org. Apr 11, 2006. erowid.org/exp/27862

smoked Passion Flower
    smoked Damiana
    oral Damiana (tea)
  1 smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes

Not very long ago, I went up to a beautiful area of New Hampshire. While there, a friend of mine had brought some weed, some passion flower, and some damiana. The person with whom we were staying wasn't into drugs at all, and as such the weed went unused, but we did end up using the damiana and passion flower. We began with smoking each, with neither having much effect. The passion flower was a little bit more noticable than the damiana when used this way, but nonetheless, we considered it a failed experiment.

A day or so later, I noticed the pleasant smell of the damiana, and so decided to make tea with it. I took an unknown amount (fairly large), put it in a tea leaf holder (pardon me, I forget the name of the little things), and put it in a mid-size mug full of boiling water. I went outside to drink it, and at first, all I noticed was a very pleasent taste, and a mild and subtle relaxed and euphoric feeling. I decided to light up a clove cigarette, and that truly enhanced the effects, to the point of a low dose of very good weed. I had a huge grin on my face, and I felt great.

The tea was best without honey.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 27862
Published: Apr 11, 2006Views: 24,976
Damiana (107), Passion Flower (121) : Combinations (3), Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)