Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $500 and get a beautiful Huichol yarn painting, hand
made by Huichol artists in Mexico. Proceeds go to the artists!
They make fabulous gifts! (12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Day Long Anti-Anxiety
Sceletium tortuosum
by Bio Fanatic
Citation:   Bio Fanatic. "Day Long Anti-Anxiety: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (exp27527)". Erowid.org. May 3, 2006. erowid.org/exp/27527

oral Sceletium tortuosum (gel tab)

Have tried it on 3 different occasions, all consumed as a ground brown powder weighed and placed into gel-tabs.

100 mg: It takes almost an hour for effects to reach their maximum. The experience at its fullest consists of a light 'detached' feeling, as if rather than a muscle relaxant, this would be a 'mental relaxant', sweeping away the tight knots of worry from a person. This effect is mild at this level and could easily be ignored. Time slows in a somewhat classic psychedelic sense, but this too is easily overlooked. I can feel a warm, contented glow inside my head.....The highest chakra in my body receives this energy.
Cannabis and a bit of red wine are _significantly_ potentiated. Lovely combination!

200 mg: Same as above experience, except notably stronger. Processing complex patterns/thoughts takes just a little bit extra effort. I desire only to relax physically. Life problems can be considered without getting to wrapped up in small inconsequential details. I wouldn't say that I was thinking in an impersonal/objective sense, rather, there was increase empathy/understanding feelings towards myself. Sure I blow it sometimes, but looking at myself with empathy as a whole....I'm a damn good person...just need some further fine-tuning....

3-400 mg: The overall 'feeling' is becoming familiar. Same as other times, however, this time it is becoming difficult to ignore the effects. I feel a little 'fuzzy' in an empathic sense. I don't really feel like talking or going introvert either. It would be nice just to 'be' in a warm cozy place, or in the silent company of a loved friend. I'm feeling some lateral eye-wiggle, but it bothers me not much.

What makes this higher dose so profound is that I feel the 'contented' 'mental-relaxant' effects for the rest of the day. Nothing worries me, although I am perfectly capable of considering and working through any problems/tribulations that rear their heads. Life changes and difficulties are seen as routine and welcomed, rather than disruptive or bothersome.

I intend to experiment with increased doses in the future. A solid gram seems like the next likely place to go, and with that amount, might expect truly _profound_ experiences.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 27527
Published: May 3, 2006Views: 19,877
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Alone (16)