Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Euphoric and Organized
Animals - Paper Wasp Venom
by Yellow Jacket
Citation:   Yellow Jacket. "Euphoric and Organized: An Experience with Animals - Paper Wasp Venom (exp27230)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2008. erowid.org/exp/27230

Animals

The other day I was out picking pears to make hard cider, when all of the sudden I felt a sharp sting on the back of my calf. I looked at the back of my leg only to find that a paper wasp had stung me 4 times. With in about 5 min I felt a slight euphoria that persisted for 15-20 min. Afterwards I began to notice that I wasn’t having any symptoms of my ADD. What I mean by this is; instead of just randomly knocking off pears from the tree, I divided the tree up into sections, and in an orderly manner cleared each section and picked up the pears in an orderly fashion. Now a simple task like this may seem easy for some, but for those who have ADD organizing a task like this can be daunting.

I also noticed an increase in my working memory. Normally I can only hold a thought for no more than five seconds, however after being stung my working memory jumped to 2-3 minutes. I also had this immense sexual arousal at the sight of a female body, similar to when I had tried Wellbutrin. In addition I felt speedy (similar to amphetamines) and happy all day. If given the chance I would definitely try this again. It seems to have great potential as a sexual recreational “bug drug.”

It should be noted that I do not take any medications for ADD.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 27230
Published: Feb 16, 2008Views: 42,661
Animals (295) : Health Benefits (32), General (1), Unknown Context (20)