Do you know about EcstasyData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab testing of anonymously submitted ecstasy/molly (and other drug) samples, and publishes the results weekly. [Check Results]
A Big Disappointment
Nicotine (Inhalator)
by Pulsewidth
Citation:   Pulsewidth. "A Big Disappointment: An Experience with Nicotine (Inhalator) (exp27127)". Erowid.org. Sep 6, 2007. erowid.org/exp/27127

7.5 mg inhaled Nicotine (gas)

I've always been curious about the effects of nicotine, as I thought it must produce a good high for so many people to take the risks of smoking tobacco. Not wanting to smoke tobacco myself, I went to a pharmacy and bought a 6 pack of Nicorette brand 10mg nicotine inhalators. I prepared the inhalator, and began inhaling. The packaging claimed 10 inhalations was equivilant to one inhalation from a cigarette, so I inhaled rapidly and deeply to try to get the same effects as a cigarette. At the time I was with an experienced cigarette smoker, in safe surroundings.

The initial effects were very subtle, a vague sense that something was different, but no 'high'. I was feeling slightly apprehensive, but I continued to inhale, and began to get more effects. The feeling is very much like caffeine side effects with none of the mental stimulation. Jittery feeling, mild nausea, but I noticed no mental effects at all. About 15 minutes later the nausea had built up enough that I stopped inhaling. The cartridge is supposed to last 20 minutes, so I estimate my dose at about 7.5mg.

The feeling of being mildly poisoned continued for a few hours, but it was easily tolerable. I noticed a significant appetite suppression effect. Overall, I am very disappointed with this drug. My expectations were for a much better feeling, but I only got side effects and no high at all. Despite having 50mg left, I don't plan on taking this drug again.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 27127
Published: Sep 6, 2007Views: 24,805
Nicotine (383) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2)