Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
I'd Give Nutmeg a Thumbs Up
Citation:   Timothy. "I'd Give Nutmeg a Thumbs Up: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp2710)". Nov 28, 2001.

25 g oral Nutmeg (ground / crushed)
Well, I had tried nutmeg a few times before this experience, but I hadn't really felt the real power of it until now. I used preground nutmeg in all of them. The first time I tried to take it down with water but ended up throwing up, so I decided to mix it with something. So this is what I did: I got a big bowl of vanilla ice cream and the nutmeg. I would take a spoonful of ice cream and a spoonful of nutmeg and sprinkle the nutmeg on top of the ice cream. I did this over a bowl so I could re-use the nutmeg I spilled. Then I shoved it into my mouth and swished it up. I didn't want to swallow, because it has the texture of sand and will stuck to your throat. After it was all mixed up and felt like a slush, I swallowed it. It's not the best tasting stuff but it's not _the end of the world_ bad. :)

It took me half an hour to eat it and I started eating at around 3:30 pm. I had to go to my neighbor's wedding this particular night so I had to get ready. Even as I'm writing this I am having trouble remembering what I did next. At 7:00 pm when the wedding started I remember nothing much going on. My eyes felt weird and everything was kinda blurry. Nothing mental, yet. During the wedding ceremony I was feeling really out of it. Every now and then we would stop to pray and the second I closed my eyes I was gone to another reality, where I felt I could just sit there with my head down forever. Also, when I closed my eyes and listened everything felt...around me. I could best describe it by having you close your eyes and don't see anything. Just listen. Then when the sense of sight loses all meaning to'll get it. :)

Well, after the ceremony we went to the reception to eat. We had to walk down a hallway to get there and I was having MAJOR trouble walking. The walk felt like a huge transcontinental journey that took forever. I was quite happy and giggling a lot at the time. After we sat down, I got a glass of water because my mouth was feeling _very_ dry. I repeatedly got water the rest of the night. Also, the cake I tried to eat was horrid. 'Tried to eat' because I couldn't swallow it. It would just gum up in my mouth and sit there. Everything else from the night is very surreal. I thought I was peaking then, but later discovered I was wrong. Also, my sister mentioned that I tilted my head back and stared at the ceiling for like 5 minutes during this time, though I don't remember any of it.

We came home at around 10:30 pm. I listened to the radio for a while, which didn't produce any really weird stuff. Then a little later, when I took off my headphones I heard something...a hiss.... It was everywhere - no matter where I turned it was always in the same spot. I realised it was from the headphones and decided that that was pretty dang cool. :) After lying down and listening to the radio some more, I started peaking. Something I noticed is that I remember hearing things, but I don't remember seeing them. Weird.

Anyway, I was getting kinda fed up with this whole thing because I was very tired and wanted to sleep, but it was impossible because I would make these involuntary movements to the music. I'm going to explain this the best I can. My body parts had little levers attached to them with balls at the end. Imagine a stick with a ball at the end. These sticks went through a black wall above me and the balls were visible over my body. When my body parts would move, like my feet, the lever above my feet would move, too. I started moving this way on purpose in the beginning, but it got out of control. I would think about moving a little every beat, and my body would take over and start herky-jerky fashion uncontrollably moving. It was quite fun for a little while but then it started to grind on me. After that I got up and went to the bathroom. What I found was that while I wasn't listening to the music anymore, I was still moving like that. Gah, this sucks. I walked that way, I moved that way. I probably would have talked that way if someone would have said something to me. It was pathetic.

I managed to get to sleep, though I don't remember how. The next day is like a giant smudge. I got up and I went to bed. I remember almost nothing about this day. Well, I remember having trouble walking and thinking, and I remember making 2 servings of lunch. I should note that during this whole time I was having bad, sharp stomach pains that would come and go. My mouth was dry, also. Next time I want to leave reality and not remember it, I'll take nutmeg. :)

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 2710
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Nov 28, 2001Views: 169,414
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Nutmeg (41) : General (1), Various (28)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults