Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
lengthy mellow
AMT, MDMA, alcohol
by xaleb
Citation:   xaleb. "lengthy mellow: An Experience with AMT, MDMA, alcohol (exp26566)". Erowid.org. Sep 6, 2003. erowid.org/exp/26566

18 mg oral AMT (powder / crystals)
  T+ 3:00 1 glass oral Alcohol (liquid)
  T+ 6:00 25 mg insufflated MDMA (powder / crystals)

I was with one friend and a group of people I didn't know very well in an unfamiliar setting. I was warned beforehand that AMT sometimes causes nausea, so I was a little nervous about that. I made sure I knew where there was a bucket I could throw up in, just in case. I did not know much about the substance, so was going in without any particular expectations. I was not on any OTC meds or supplements at the time. I had significant prior experiences with medium and high doses of LSD, as well as familiarity with several other psychedelics.

I took 18 mg of AMT orally. After about an hour, I had the sudden urge to wander around and felt extremely energetic. I took a brisk walk for maybe fifteen minutes, and then decided it was time to have a seat. For the next hour, I felt chatty and friendly towards the people I was just meeting, and things all seemed a bit more 'vivid' visually. I was at one + or so.

I had one drink at about the 3 hour mark, and was still energetic and felt like dancing to some music, but had begun to feel much less talkative.

At about the 3.5 hour mark, I hit ++. There was speculation that this was potentiated by the alcohol. There were no open-eye visuals during the experience, aside from the sense of vividness. For a while, I could see some very faint closed-eye visuals - tightly interlaced patterns that slowly shifted. Around this time I started to feel excessively mellow - at any point I sat or lay down, I had no urge to move at all. It was as if my inertia had increased: when I sat, I did not want to stop sitting, and when I moved around or was standing, I didn't want to sit.

This got pretty boring after a couple hours. I snorted 25 mg of MDMA at about the 6 hour mark. Everything appeared very lush at that point, and I got some of the typical empathic MDMA feelings. I remember being enthralled with the way lights looked behind fabric. However, I was also full of inertia and barely felt like talking with anyone, so I simply sat, observed, and listened (for the most part). I felt a bit of jaw clenching after the MDMA.

I went back down to + around the 9 hour mark, and lingered there. I felt tired but not sleepy. I got a couple of hours of restless sleep, and finally felt like I was at baseline around the 15 hour mark.

I stayed up for several more hours after baseline and felt lucidly introspective, and thought through a lot of things about myself and how I relate to people and things in my life.

I luckily did not experience nausea at any point. During the main part of my AMT experience (the 2.5 - 9 hour mark), I felt like I was coming down off of LSD but without any negative body load. I never felt any 'peak' persay. I also never felt like I wasn't myself, or like my ego was affected in any real way.

It was an interesting place to go, but annoyingly long for such mild effects (probably because of the low dose). From what other people have told me about AMT, I might be interested in trying it again at a higher dosage, but it is a significant time commitment.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 26566
Published: Sep 6, 2003Views: 15,227
AMT (7), MDMA (3) : First Times (2), Combinations (3), General (1), Large Group (10+) (19)