Fractals of Rounded Squares
4-Ho-DiPT & Alcohol - Beer
by Jackle
Citation:   Jackle. "Fractals of Rounded Squares: An Experience with 4-Ho-DiPT & Alcohol - Beer (exp26511)". Erowid.org. Sep 5, 2003. erowid.org/exp/26511

10 mg oral 4-HO-DiPT (powder / crystals)
    oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)

I aquired exactly 30 mg of 4-HO-DiPT (as a white powder) and divided it up by eye into three piles of ~10 mg each. I was very precise with this, so I am pretty confident that the piles were equal. Also, I knew it probably wouldn't hurt if I was off by a mg or two with this drug, so dividing by eye was prefered.

The night began at a party (with few people I didn't know). I had been happy to be back in town for a few days, so I figured it'd be a grand time to do some psychedelics. I got out 10 mg of 4-HO-DiPT and put it into my drink. A few people knew I was doing the drug (and they were not leaving), so they could help if something went wrong. I put the 10 mg in my beer, shook it around a bit and drank it. It tasted slightly bitter, but it wasn't horrible.

After I'd finished about 3 beers I noticed a different feeling (other than alcohol intoxication), kind of a rush type feeling. I talked with friends and basically got drunk the rest of the night. I was being a bit more talkative than normally when I drink and that was about all I noticed until later. It wasn't until I was pretty damn soused that I noticed anything from the 4-HO. I closed my eyes and saw brilliant patterns. Fractals of rounded squares. Simply amazing checkerboard-ish patterns twinkling, all light-blue and orange on a black background. I kept my eyes closed until something external caught my attention and then I was off to drunk land again. The rest of the night is pretty hazy and I don't remember much (too much alcohol).

That's about it. I'd like to take it without other drugs next time.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 26511
Published: Sep 5, 2003Views: 8,170
4-HO-DiPT (281), Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199) : General (1), Hangover / Days After (46), Combinations (3), Large Group (10+) (19)