Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Way Not Worth It!
Datura
by Skahead
Citation:   Skahead. "Way Not Worth It!: An Experience with Datura (exp2630)". Erowid.org. Oct 10, 2000. erowid.org/exp/2630

seeds oral Datura (tea)

This is a fair warning - DONT NOT TRY THIS STUFF. I made that mistake and ended up in the hospital. They didnt know what it was that i described and when they called poison control they were told it was something like 'egyptian weed'. I knew that's not what it was, but of course, they know all. I had to have my stomach pumped and it was not at all a pleasant experience.

I had boiled a whole lot of seed in 1 1/2 cups of water and drank the liquid left over. It felt at first like i was drunk and was great, 'cause it was like being drunk without drinking bad tasting alcohol. Then it got worse - my pupils got huge and my brother saw me and i could hardly speak. He noticed something was wrong and so did i. I couldnt even swallow and my mouth was reeeeallly dry. I felt really sick and he ended up taking me to the hospital. They ran a drugs screen while i was there and my parents got it and now i'm in alot of trouble....wasnt at all worth it. I urge anyone wondering about it NOT TO TRY IT. THERE ARE WAY BETTER SUBSTANCES OUT THERE THAN DATURA.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 2630
Published: Oct 10, 2000Views: 13,631
Datura (15) : Unknown Context (20), Health Problems (27), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7)