Have you tried Peyote, San Pedro, or pure Mescaline?
Take this 45 minute survey!
Glowing Outlines
Absinthe
by Crimson
Citation:   Crimson. "Glowing Outlines: An Experience with Absinthe (exp25728)". Erowid.org. Oct 1, 2004. erowid.org/exp/25728

3 shots oral Absinthe (liquid)

Absinthe has a reputation for being 'hallucinogenic', and it is, but not in that it makes me see stuff like mushrooms or LSD. Rather, my vision is affected - I've seen slight glowing outlines to objects, and a lot of haloing of lights - like Van Gogh's 'Starry Night' painting (he did love the Absinthe!). This of course is best observed in the night. I have also felt floaty and disassociated, like I'm observing life rather than participating. The experiences of my companions drinking Absinthe were much like mine.

I would not consider Absinthe to be a particularly strong buzz, a lot of what you feel has to do with the high-proof alcohol you consume when you drink it. I have not noticed great effects after only one shot; it only is really noticable after 2 or 3 shots, and I am a 120-lb female (scale up for your body mass). I feel that Absinthe is an enjoyable diversion, something that I do every once in a while to feel different; not something that's appropriate if I just want to get 'really fucked up' (that's what drinking vast amounts of cheaper alcohol is for).

In the province of British Columbia you can buy it at liquor stores, but you have to go to the customer service counter and specifically ask for it (this may be because it is $70 a bottle!). I have heard of the LCBO store in Ontario offering on occasion Absinthe, but that it is Absinthe-flavoured liqueur and not the real thing (and it is always immediately sold out).

Na Zdravy! (To Your Health, in Czech).

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 25728
Published: Oct 1, 2004Views: 3,986
Absinthe (4) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)