Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
I Had Almost No Control
Ether
by Shagy
Citation:   Shagy. "I Had Almost No Control: An Experience with Ether (exp25677)". Erowid.org. May 8, 2020. erowid.org/exp/25677

repeated inhaled Ether
    smoked Cannabis (plant material)

Ether Addition

My experience with ether started one thursday morning while I was skipping class with two of my friends. There the two greatest people to be with when ur tripping on any drug because one is british and he has a funny accent (call him d), and the other is a crazy pyro (call him v). Anyways, while we were smoking some great bc weed, v told me he had aquired some pure medical ether from a drug website on the internet. So since he had it I decided we should do some. He then told me he would bring some tomorow.

I was quite excited about this and a bit scared. Although I have tried many drugs including lsd, ghb, shrooms, ketamine, ecstasy and of course weed, I had never experienced an inhalant. So I spent that whole night reading everything I could find online about ether. After reading all the experiences and info I decided it wasnt that risky, and that I would probably enjoy it.

The next day, during our lunch brake, my friends d and v meet me in the park just off our schools property. We sat down on our favorite sitting bench which we like to call the weed bench. They both seemed quite excited because this was the first time they were trying it too. D took out a cloth and v pored a bit of the ether, from a 1 liter bottle which he had taken from his bag, on the cloth. He then gave the cloth to me to try first, cause they both think I'm crazy for doing all the drugs I do. Anyways, I took the cloth and began to huff on it as hard as I could through my nose and mouth. At first I didnít feel anything, so I continued to huff until I felt really light headed. I then passed on the cloth and they both took hits, and then gave it back to me. At first we just felt light headed. But when we got up thatís when the effects came on.

At that point I realized I had almost no control over most parts, as if I was piss drunk on alcohol, but I could also think straight at the time. I then heard my friend d start to sing a song that I didnít know, and still cant figure out what it was today. I was amazed when my voice seemed to join in uncontrollably to a song I didnít know. Then I started to get tired really fast and passed out. I think I had a day dream, but I cant remember what it was about. When I woke up I was still standing and my friends were laughing and telling me I had been spinning around in a circle for at least 30 seconds. I was amazed at this again. We walk some more an laughed at our uncoordination and our friend vís attempts to burn flowers (although he kept dropping the lighter or burning himself) until about 10 to twenty minutes later when the drug wore off enough for us to retake control of our bodies movements. We then went back to our bench to smoke some more weed.

Over all this was a pointless drug, having lasted maybe 10-20 minutes. During our next couple of experiments with this drug we found out u need to be huffing on a cloth soaked in ether every 5 minutes to keep ur high up. Also, this drug is highly addictive! I havnt had any ether for almost a month and when ever I think about it I get excited and my stomach tightens. This is all of course quite uncomfortable. My friend v has also just recently ordered another 3 liters of ether from the same medical website. He has been constantly on it for over 4 months now. But it doesnít matter, cant mess u up that much, can it?

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 25677
Published: May 8, 2020Views: 1,032
Ether (131) : First Times (2), Addiction & Habituation (10), Glowing Experiences (4), Small Group (2-9) (17)