Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $500 and get a beautiful Huichol yarn painting, hand
made by Huichol artists in Mexico. Proceeds go to the artists!
They make fabulous gifts! (12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Blah... It Sucks Being Hardheads!
2C-I
by Mahan Atma
Citation:   Mahan Atma. "Blah... It Sucks Being Hardheads!: An Experience with 2C-I (exp25649)". Erowid.org. Jul 30, 2003. erowid.org/exp/25649

20 mg oral 2C-I
  T+ 4:00 2 carts. inhaled Nitrous Oxide

My wife and I recently tried 2C-I for the first time. She did 20 mg, and I did 22 mg. It was from a reliable source, and we used a quality scale to measure it out. I fasted well in advance, eating nothing all day except for some blended fruit in the morning, and some unsweetened soy milk w/whey protein in the afternoon.

The drug took about 1.5 to 2 hours to kick in fully, with no effect for the first 1.5 hours. When it did come on, it was very subtle. I felt a warmth in my chest, which at times verged on heartburn. I had a slightly accelerated heart rate, and some restlessness.

Neither of us found the substance very impressive. I should note that we are both confirmed hardheads, so we might have gotten a lot more out of a higher dose. I had some slight visual distortion, otherwise not much to report. We both found ourselves in a very introverted state of mind. Emotionally, it was very cold, almost devoid of any feeling. No love, no empathy, nothing but emptiness. The music was barely enhanced, if at all.

To liven things up a little, we did some whippets about four hours into the trip. That cheered up my wife substantially, me not so much. However, determined to get something out of the trip, we did our best to get into each othersí heads. We had sex, which was good -- somewhat enhanced, but nothing mind-blowing. Then we lay around listening to music and watching a little baseball. We were both back to baseline about 7-8 hours after ingesting the substance, and we had no trouble falling asleep. I had a slight headache the next day, which was easily cured by some Tylenol; otherwise we felt completely normal, as contrasted with a night of Ecstasy (which wears us out the next day) or LSD (which rejuvenates and stimulates us).

That was about it. Sorry it wasnít more interesting!! Perhaps a higher dose would have been more exciting.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 25649
Published: Jul 30, 2003Views: 9,118
2C-I (172) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2), General (1)