Psychedelic Insights Survey
Have you ever taken a psychedelic and had an
experience that was psychologically insightful?
Help our researcher friends at Johns Hopkins & take their Survey!
Small High
Leonotis leonurus
by AmWaKX
Citation:   AmWaKX. "Small High: An Experience with Leonotis leonurus (exp25521)". Erowid.org. Oct 26, 2003. erowid.org/exp/25521

2 joints/cigs smoked Leonotis leonurus (dried)

I had just recently bought 3 ounces of Wild Dagga (Leonotis leonurus) from an online vendor. When I recieved it about 4 days later I had to crush it up myself since the leaves were still intact. It also came with two 'buds'. I waited for about a week to try it because I wanted to do it with my friend, but I didnt have the patience. So I rolled a dagga joint and I smoked away. After the first joint I didn't feel any thing except my mouth was filling up with saliva. So I rolled another, when I was half way done it I felt a cool effect similar to cannabis but a little bit milder, but not too much milder, it felt great. But the only bad thing about it was I had to get the effect off because my girlfriend called me and she doesnt know that I smoke. So I talked to her, it sounded like I was on marijuana, she even asked me 'Are you stoned, you sound like it.' But I continued to smoke the joint. IT WAS GREAT.

So anyway, I smoke wild dagga every other day on my porch. It's great that its right across the street from the beach so I can hear the soothing sounds of the water tumbling down on the sand.

The only thing that I wouldn't recommend about Leonotis Leonurus is that when I'm done smoking it, and I got some effects from it, I DO NOT want too hear people yelling or heavy metal music. Thats what happened to me, I was smoking it and I got effects from it and when I was done I listened to some metallica, DO NOT DO THIS!! It made my heart race, I actually get out of breath so its not that pleasant.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 25521
Published: Oct 26, 2003Views: 24,815
Leonotis leonurus (119) : Alone (16), General (1)