Donate to Erowid with Cryptocurrency
We take Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to support practical information about
psychoactive drugs. A great way to donate without lots of fees. Contribute a bit today!
I Felt Fantastic
Sceletium tortuosum, Tobacco & Cannabis
by JackFairy
Citation:   JackFairy. "I Felt Fantastic: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum, Tobacco & Cannabis (exp25303)". Erowid.org. Dec 8, 2004. erowid.org/exp/25303

50 mg insufflated Sceletium tortuosum (ground / crushed)
  T+ 0:59 50 mg buccal Sceletium tortuosum (ground / crushed)
  T+ 0:20 1 cig. smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes (dried)
  T+ 0:25 0.5 g smoked Cannabis (plant material)

I wasn't expecting much from kanna, considering the negative prior experiences I have had with legal herbs. I bought 3 grams from an online supplier. When the package arrived, they kanna was a greenish powder. I sniffed about 50 mg, and put another 50 into a piece of gum I was chewing. It didn't taste as horrid as others have described.

About 10 minutes later I had a lovely feeling in my stomach. I felt really good. I felt stimulated yet calm at the same time. I definately couldn't compare it to any other drug I have done (which is quite of few). I found to be the littlest things amusing and interesting. I felt fantastic.

About 20 minutes later, I smoked a cigarette which intensified the experience. I felt like I was mildly high on marijuana, yet highly stimulated on caffeine.

About 5 minutes after that, I smoked about a half gram of marijuana. Now, I felt very loose and relaxed. I felt pretty happy, more so than usual.

This happy high all faded away for about 3.5 hours before I was back to baseline. The comedown was very calm and comfortable.

From this experience, I have learned that kanna is a powerfull mood enhancer, and can really lighten a person up. It would be a nice way to unwind after a long hard way. I also learned not to under estimate the power of a substance, legal, or not.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 25303
Published: Dec 8, 2004Views: 29,352
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Alone (16), Glowing Experiences (4), Combinations (3)