Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Combo = Seizures
Venlafaxine (Effexor) & Cannabis
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Combo = Seizures: An Experience with Venlafaxine (Effexor) & Cannabis (exp25164)". Erowid.org. Jul 11, 2003. erowid.org/exp/25164

150 mg oral Pharms - Venlafaxine (daily)
    smoked Cannabis

I was prescribed to Effexor XR about 7 months ago. I started out with 100 mg. then my dosage was progressively raised to 250mg over a period of 3 months. At 150 mgs/day about 2 months later: I was at my bf's house one day and hit the bong and woke up not knowing what the fuck just happened and everyone was crowded around me asking me if I was okay, I was just like... '??????' it appeared that I hit the bong, had a seizure and took a face dive straight into the mud! This was my very first seizure, but definitely not my first hit of bud.

From then on, I had numerous experiences/day with seizures only while I hit any source of marijuana. At first I didnt know what the fuck was going on, then my bf suggested it could be the Effexor. Now I have slowed myself down to 75 mg/day and I no longer have seizures. I just pass out depending on how much I smoke, how much I have eaten, how much I have slept, etc...

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 25164
Published: Jul 11, 2003Views: 23,983
Pharms - Venlafaxine (191), Cannabis (1) : Various (28), Health Problems (27), Combinations (3)