Citation: The_Stalker. "Method of Preparing Salvia divinorum Blotter: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp24597)". Erowid.org. Jun 19, 2003. erowid.org/exp/24597
How to make 'Blotter Salvia' by The_Stalker
This is simply a method of preparation so that you get all the benefit of salvia without need for a bong or tasting horrible smoke. This method is nearly tasteless, and produces a smooth trip.
5 grams Salvia Divinorum dry unextracted
100 ml of solvent (more on solvent choice below)
Jar or 1 liter flask
Coffee grinder or Mortar and Pestle
Filter Paper or Coffee Filter
Tea strainer or fine mesh sieve
1. Powder 5grams of dry Salvia Divinorum leaves. A coffee grinder will work if it is the type with a small bowl and a spinning blade. A mortar and pestle is best though.
2. In the jar or flask, combine powdered Salvia with solvent. (A note on solvents; any polar solvent will work but for this extraction an alcohol is best, either 151 proof Everclear or 70% Isopropyl Alcohol [rubbing alcohol].)
3. Let this mixture sit for 10 hours.
4. Add your water to the flask or jar. Adding water to the alcohol lowers the solubility of the active ingredient Salivorin A to the point that it will fall out or ?precipitate?. This will make your 1-liter solution look slightly cloudy; it is the clouds that you want. Let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Set up your funnel with filter paper over the bowl. Get your tea strainer above the funnel.
6. Pour the solution from the flask, through the strainer and filter into the bowl. Do it slowly, don?t let the liquid get more than half way up the paper.
7. Wash out your flask or jar with more water to get any residue on the bottom, again pour it through the filters.
8. Discard the liquid and save the paper. You should notice a nice round area on your paper that looks slightly green or yellow.
9. Dry your paper in an oven; 2 minutes on 300 degrees work fine. It will now look as though you have crystals on your paper and indeed you do.
Cut this circular green are into five equal pieces, each one is good for a nice oral trip or maybe two smoked. To use simply take one of your strip and place it under the tongue, the effects can be felt in about fifteen minutes. A strip may also be smoked for more immediate effects.
The advantages of this method are that there is no harsh smoke, and no bitter taste.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.