Signed "Free Casey" Blotter
Give $75 or more & get blotter art of LSD chemist Hardison, signed by
luminaries such as Dennis McKenna, Dale Pendell, or the Shulgins!
The Lotus Eater Dines Alone
Blue Lotus
by Catfish Rivers
Citation:   Catfish Rivers. "The Lotus Eater Dines Alone: An Experience with Blue Lotus (exp2444)". Erowid.org. Jul 14, 2000. erowid.org/exp/2444

author logo
    Lotus/Lily - Nymphaea nouchali var caerulea (dried)

I read about this stuff somewhere on the net. The report claimed you could eat it (aprox. 5 flowers worth. Another report claimed you could let it steep overnight in a bottle of wine and then drink it the next day to achieve effects. I tried eating aprox. 5 tablespoons of the dried, crushed mix. No noticable effect after several hours.

Next I attempted to brew a tea from the mix. It actually worked to a noticable extent. I felt an opiod-like buzz, mostly in my head (especially the temple region. I only brewed the tea for 3-5 minutes. Perhaps brewing it longer will bring better results). The tea wasn't a tasty beverage, but with sugar and on ice it was downable.

Finally, I tried smoking it. I took 2 small bowls through a water pipe concocted out of a mountain dew bottle and within a few seconds after inhaling I felt a tingling sensation on the crown of my head. I then began to notice a light, marijuana-like high. It wasn't as stoney as marijuana, but a had a defininate buzz-on! I am going to purchase some more and use it to strech my ganja out.

I wonder if there is a better way of extracting the 'opium like' alkaloids in from the plant to reach an even fuller effect? All in all decent stuff, much better than that dream herb crap!

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 2444
Published: Jul 14, 2000Views: 55,475
Lotus/Lily - Nymphaea nouchali var caerulea (105) : Unknown Context (20), Retrospective / Summary (11)