Nice
Capsicum spp.
by Sonofnob
Citation:   Sonofnob. "Nice: An Experience with Capsicum spp. (exp24263)". Erowid.org. Jul 4, 2007. erowid.org/exp/24263

repeated oral Capsicum spp. (cookie / food)

This post is perhaps a bit misplaced since the psychoactive chemicals involved in eating chili peppers are not actually in the chilis themselves, but are the endorphins released in the body. Similar, but weaker, reactions happen in many other situations, including doing sports and flirting (which makes addicts out of both these activities). Other foods such as horseradish or mustard probably have the same effect if the quantities are big enough.

In any case, for many years now, I've eaten quite big amounts of chili, both in food, and as dried peppers to be eaten in small nibbles as snacks while reading a book, say. I quite easily got used to ignoring the burning sensation in my mouth, using a few easy breathing techniques. If I eat enough, I get a heavy cold sweat and a speedy buzz, but at the same time I also feel really relaxed and happy. Generally, it only lasts up to 20min, but I'm not able to do much in this time except lean back and sit, grinning, with sweat pouring down my face. As far as I know, doctors say it's not harmful. I'm a bit sceptical, since it lowers my body temperature a couple of degrees. But probably not worse than coffee.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 24263
Published: Jul 4, 2007Views: 15,615
Capsicum spp. (420) : Alone (16), Retrospective / Summary (11)